The Perfect Keyring

....Well, for me anyway.

Super heavy-duty locking ring-pin. I usually wear it hooked through a belt loop because, though it happily clips onto a pocket, it could potentially slide off of an edge like that. Managed to find this thing on the side of the road, actually, just a day or so after decided I needed to replace my well-worn leather snap key loop. Working in a factory or on a construction site, this thing has held up wonderfully and never causes me problems.
W6eAGk5.jpg

i48BVs0.jpg

JrzEW0M.jpg

The shank is about 1cm across. It isn't a circle, but rather a half circle. Opening takes a fair bit of pressure, so you won't accidentally pop it off the belt loop and lose your keys. For all you fellow pipe-smokers, the shank is an excellent pipe tamper!
3DPSmqU.jpg

Pretty neat. I have never seen one of those before.

I've been using this Lucky Secure-A-Key for longer than I can remember. I remember having it on my belt on a road trip that I took in 1995 but I'm not sure how long I had it before then. Been using it ever since I got it, whenever that was. I can't believe it's still kickin'.

Welcome to the forum!

IMG_2682.JPG
IMG_2687.JPG

1995. That thing's almost as old as me....

That's a cool key-per, Definitely in my wheelhouse. I might look to get one just for kicks, though I feel I'm the kind of person who'd lose it at some point.

I know I'm stating the obvious but you found the one you have which means somebody lost it. so unless they threw it away or it just happened to fall out of their car they were driving down the road it got lost.

I keep mine in my pocket, I will add this to the thread, S biners suck, if you really want to lose something, and I mean really need to fucking lose something, S biners are perfect.

I do like the Grimlocks though never had a problem with them.

Nice, looks like it works great.

Btw do you use that Kant-Twist enough that you need it on your keys ?

I know I'm stating the obvious but you found the one you have which means somebody lost it.

Yeeeeah, I try to ignore that... The bend in the pin isn't exactly factory standard for these kinds of things, I'm assuming the pin got damaged and dislodged in transit.

What are Grimlocks? (I ask, knowing full well that I'm about to Googe it.)

Btw do you use that Kant-Twist enough that you need it on your keys ?

That thing got hooked on my keyring as an amusement. I bought it to try out the KT line and fell in love immediately. Threw it on my keyring mostly because I wanted to have it around to play with, but I found that it does come in handy often enough to justify keeping it. Between that clamp and my old pipe nail, which I sadly lost, I got more use than any multi-tool ever gave me.

That thing got hooked on my keyring as an amusement. I bought it to try out the KT line and fell in love immediately. Threw it on my keyring mostly because I wanted to have it around to play with, but I found that it does come in handy often enough to justify keeping it. Between that clamp and my old pipe nail, which I sadly lost, I got more use than any multi-tool ever gave me.
I've got a little one like this but I think it's a bit older as it has a rod going through instead of the disk which I think I'd prefer.
For it's size the little Kant twist clamp works well, but I think I prefer a standard C clamp most times for my needs.

They still make the t-handle clamps, the round handle is available as an option for some of the small sizes. A good old pair of locking pliers like Vise Grips or Knu-Vises, that's my go-to a work.

I use a #2 NiteIze SlideLock S-biner, and attach the top gate to a belt loop on my pants. The bottom gate holds my keys, that are on a regular stainless steel key ring.

Did you find it with keys/rings on it?

You do realize (and I'm not trying to sound condescending) that it's just a Q-clip from a hood-pin? It's bent, and looks like the tip might be broken off, but that's definitely what it is. Interesting, and almost brilliant use for it though.

Peter Atwood Hangman is the only tool I’ll use.

That thing is nice!

Did you find it with keys/rings on it?

You do realize (and I'm not trying to sound condescending) that it's just a Q-clip from a hood-pin? It's bent, and looks like the tip might be broken off, but that's definitely what it is. Interesting, and almost brilliant use for it though.

https://www.amazon.com/Koch-4020611-Standard-Lynch-4-Inch/dp/B005ZCVHKU

No keys or anything, just a damaged pin on the roadside. That's the closest I've found online, I looked around to find a replacement just in case I manage to lose mine. There was still a bit of the zinc coating left when I found the pin, even now there remains a touch on the tip of the pin.. A Q-clip would work well too, though!

The bend damage manages to make this thing work better as a keychain, I think. At some point I might pick up a new clip, even if I don't lose mine, just to see if the bend has any affect.

That thing is nice!

https://www.amazon.com/Koch-4020611-Standard-Lynch-4-Inch/dp/B005ZCVHKU

No keys or anything, just a damaged pin on the roadside. That's the closest I've found online, I looked around to find a replacement just in case I manage to lose mine. There was still a bit of the zinc coating left when I found the pin, even now there remains a touch on the tip of the pin.. A Q-clip would work well too, though!

The bend damage manages to make this thing work better as a keychain, I think. At some point I might pick up a new clip, even if I don't lose mine, just to see if the bend has any affect.

You can get them at any farm supply supply store quite cheap. They’re what we use to secure the pins in side links, top links, lift arms, etc in tractor 3 point hitch and various other farm implements. I’ve actually never seen one get bent like that, but maybe a brush hog blade hit it or something. Anyway, I applaud your resourcefulness!

Would you mind sharing which company makes those?, I'd like to check out their website.

Try bisondesigns.com and search their Circle Caddy. The split rings that come with the caddies are quite large. You can get smaller split rings at the bait and tackle store.

Back