Swamp Rat and SYKCO Chat

Dang, that knife and sheath setup looks perfect! I guess I'm copying you, because Eric received my DS8 today!

Thanks Jonny, the slots were extra. I got them for greater ability to lash it to a pack or something to it. Plus, I like the look.

But nothing compares to the finish you put on that INFI! Thank you my friend!

Thanks Jonny, the slots were extra. I got them for greater ability to lash it to a pack or something to it. Plus, I like the look.

But nothing compares to the finish you put on that INFI! Thank you my friend!

Now that you mention that, I may get some slots cut into mine as well! Totally like a copycat...:D

Yeah, I have to say, that finish turned out really nice!
IoWZtEi.jpg

Thanks to Uncle Timbo Uncle Timbo I was able to get a nice deal on my first swamp rat, and it's a nice one. He informed me you would require pictures when I finally got a chance to use it... it took a day or two for the rain to go away but I beat on it good today. I'll leave most of the pics in the imgur album but here's a few of the work in progress pics.

Album
https://imgur.com/a/V7PcB

Testing out the paracord setup to see how well it allows me to grip off the back and get the good rocking motion.
qFQxEW8l.jpg

And batoning tests
MMvVXxml.jpg

P3Bjq1hl.jpg

Then to the real work
2x0jd8ll.jpg

u4oNudol.jpg

k2b4m9yl.jpg

VlbfuHcl.jpg

g7ikZFWl.jpg

z2WBs3Vl.jpg

And done
UWmKqsml.jpg

hHf4kZGl.jpg

Nice! Very nice. I'm glad to see that ol Rat found a good home. She deserved it after I abandoned her for her Infi sister.
Looks like you put her thru her paces and she held up well. Are you disappointed with our deal?

Nice! Very nice. I'm glad to see that ol Rat found a good home. She deserved it after I abandoned her for her Infi sister.
Looks like you put her thru her paces and she held up well. Are you disappointed with our deal?
Quite the opposite. It chops far better than I expected for such a short knife. It's not an axe but it doesn't carry as hard as one either. Plus, the short length is exactly what I needed to get into the tight spaces to chop up the little branches to get the bigger ones pulled out. It was exactly what I needed.

Now I need to figure out what to do with all the other edged tools I won't be using. I think it chops the dry wood better than my condor golok even, the ratweiler has a much better geometry for it.

Last edited:
Quite the opposite. It chops far better than I expected for such a short knife. It's not an axe but it doesn't carry as hard as one either. Plus, the short length is exactly what I needed to get into the tight spaces to chop up the little branches to get the bigger ones pulled out. It was exactly what I needed.

Now I need to figure out what to do with all the other edged tools I won't be using. I think it chops the dry wood better than my condor golok even, the ratweiler has a much better geometry for it.
Another satisfied customer AND another fellow RAT. Welcome to the Brotherhood.
Next week you'll be looking for her sister, Ms. INFI.

Another satisfied customer AND another fellow RAT. Welcome to the Brotherhood.
Next week you'll be looking for her sister, Ms. INFI.
I don't know if it will be that quick but you're probably not wrong. I think it's going to take a little while for the excitement to wear off of this one.

I don't know if it will be that quick but you're probably not wrong. I think it's going to take a little while for the excitement to wear off of this one.
I understand. While there is a stray Infiweiler popping up down in the exchange from time to time, this is due to their being released not too long ago. The critter that seems to be harder to snag is the Chopweiler. Many here prefer her over her sister, the Ratweiler.

Night owl, you're exactly right, you have perfection. Honestly, What more could anybody want or need? Those are not only beautiful, but highly functional. They should serve you very well for years and years.
Thanks for the great pics!

I’d love to get my hands on a Mini Uncle Mojo (no blade catch).

I currently have the R9, RMD, R4, M6, and the HRLM. The Mini Uncle Mojo would probably solidify my Swamp needs/wishes

Out of the kin, I find myself stepping in the Swamp every time. I have the SYKCO 711, 311, and the Infi Dog Soldier (6)...but I keep wanting that Mojo.

Back