1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

The Price Is Right

Discussion in 'Schrade Knives Collectors Forum' started by thawk, Apr 25, 2008.

1. thawk

thawk

Oct 28, 2006
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=270229897163&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=017

Winning bid: US $7.50

The catchy description sold me on this one. Any of you guys have an Old Timer with a widdling blade, or a nail prong filer? Figured this knife was in pretty decent shape, and was surprised at the few bids. It completes my Prince Albert threesome, and they don't come around all that often. Didn't figure even a beater at that price. The little color change on the delrin is nice.

Last edited: May 2, 2008
  2. gradall5200

gradall5200

Mar 12, 2006
    Nice move there hal. Looks pretty solid to me. great find- Joel

3. grey menace

grey menace

Mar 3, 2008
    No, but i did get me one with nickle sliver bolders once,heck of a find. Happy collecting.

4. thawk

thawk

Oct 28, 2006
    [​IMG]

This Ulster Old Timer Camper showed up today. It is pretty much unused with just a little tarnish. The handles are great, tight bail, clean liners. A slight wobble on the can opener, but I don't think this knife will live to open a can of Pork and Beans at a campout.

[​IMG]

Took me a long time to finally complete the set. I tried to pose the knives just like the can illustration, but quickly realized the Prince Albert can artist was not a knife person, unless they had three Ulsters with no snap.

5. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    He used artistic licences to hold the blades open, Hal.:eek: They operate at any angle!!;)

6. rprocter

rprocter Banned BANNED

Jan 19, 2007
    Hal, you get the best scores ! that knife does not even look like it's been widdled on ! roland

7. Todd A

Todd A

Oct 6, 2007
    Saw that one, I just had other bids going on at the time. Now if the seller took photos like the ones you did...I just might have bid against you. Very nice knife.

8. Rusty1

Rusty1 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 6, 2005
    Good job on the completion, I have a rough looking Camper that looks OK if I don't open the main blade, still looking for a decent specimen to complete my set.

Rusty1

9. thawk

thawk

Oct 28, 2006
    No Roland, I checked with a loup for any widdle marks, and it passed, but I seem to be drawing a blank on that elusive nail prong filer.:confused: Appreciate you ignoring the knife Todd. :p Thanks for the compliment on the photos, it's the camera, and take pictures outdoors with no flash. Got the idea from Rusty.

10. El Lobo

El Lobo

Sep 6, 2002
    What a great score. Nice to see you complete the set! :thumbup:

Bill

11. Trent Rock

Trent Rock

Jun 29, 2007
    $7.50!!!! :eek:
    Now you messed up my potential sale!!
    You lowering the equilibrium price/past auctions price :grumpy:;)
    I tried selling mine for 30 bucks WITH Jeffrey Hoffmeister engraving
    I am gonna keep it anyways
    I guess I am like you other guys and I will have to spend years on EBAY finishing my collection
    I got the tin and the camper model
    Isn't the camper model the hard one to find??

That just proves that if you look hard enough and are patient you can still find deals on EBAY...:thumbup:

12. thawk

thawk

Oct 28, 2006
    They are all hard to find in good condition, with 58OT's being somewhat common, but rarely a deal, and I'd say the camper model is the least often listed. Yours is by far the most rare Trent, as it is the only Jeffrey Hoffmeister special edition I've ever seen. There is a guy named Tractors4Jesus that snatches up most of the PA Ulsters.