1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Spyderco C230GPPBK Lil Native Black Blade & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Nov 16!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Nov 17 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Esav Benyamin has passed. Please pay your respects here

The RAT, the hype is real!

Discussion in 'Ontario Knife Company' started by cbrstar, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Poriggity

Poriggity Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 15, 2018
    My current Rat 1 that's my daily carry is in AUS-8. I have been looking at adding a Rat 2 to my arsenal, and was going to go with D2, but quite honestly, I am very impressed with Ontario's AUS-8 steel, and will probably go that direction.
    [​IMG]20190823_132035 by poriggity, on Flickr

jmh33 and cbrstar like this.
  2. Daverageguy

Daverageguy

Nov 19, 2004
    Like my pair of Rat 1s in aus8. Sharp good feel and just work.

3. Wormil

Wormil

Sep 11, 2007
    More often than not the knife I grab is a Rat 2, or a Rat 1 if I might need something bigger or going into the wood.

4. sv4

sv4

Feb 13, 2014
    I have an older Rat 1 in D2 with carbon fiber scales, and just recently got a Rat 2 in D2. Really like the Rat 2, as I found the Rat 1 a bit too large & heavy. The Rat 2 is a great EDC knife.

5. upnorth

upnorth

Nov 25, 2006
    I got a RAT 1 out of curiosity about three years ago, in D2. Why?, because so many people considered it a well designed inexpensive folder. They don't cost much even up here in Canada, so I'm not going to pick fly sh** out of pepper about the steel. I'd like it even in AUS8.

6. Poriggity

Sep 15, 2018
    I just recently added another Rat 1 in D2, Carbon Fiber scales to my Rat Army. Still haven't made the plunge on a Rat 2, but I venture to say that will likely happen soon.

[​IMG]20191025_113800 (1) by poriggity, on Flickr

sv4, cbrstar and jmh33 like this.
  7. Michael Sankewitsch

Michael Sankewitsch

Nov 4, 2018
    LOL!!

Mine just arrived in the mailbox today. Coyote D2 R1. Had it not been called to my attention as an inexpensive D2 blade, I likely never would have gotten it. Now that I have it, I have to say I am very pleased with the blade and handle and edge geometry. The snap and pop, I am sorry I never looked at one before!

I would likely be happy with AUS8 in a Rat 2, aside from the small stature of the 2, seems natural to give the big guy company, right?

sv4 and cbrstar like this.
  8. sv4

sv4

Feb 13, 2014
    Nice :thumbsup:

9. sv4

sv4

Feb 13, 2014
    Now you MUST get the R2D2, haha.

Michael Sankewitsch likes this.
  10. Michael Sankewitsch

Michael Sankewitsch

Nov 4, 2018
    No way! R2D2! Have seen it, just got it! There is something wrong with y'all!

And you are right, now I MUST get an RIIDII, AUS8 is gonna have to wait.

sv4 likes this.
  11. Poriggity

Sep 15, 2018
    I want an R2D2 so bad lol