The RAT, the hype is real!

More often than not the knife I grab is a Rat 2, or a Rat 1 if I might need something bigger or going into the wood.

I have an older Rat 1 in D2 with carbon fiber scales, and just recently got a Rat 2 in D2. Really like the Rat 2, as I found the Rat 1 a bit too large & heavy. The Rat 2 is a great EDC knife.

I got a RAT 1 out of curiosity about three years ago, in D2. Why?, because so many people considered it a well designed inexpensive folder. They don't cost much even up here in Canada, so I'm not going to pick fly sh** out of pepper about the steel. I'd like it even in AUS8.

Since this post I got another 4? Rat 1's and a couple of 2's. I kind of have a thing going for getting all the colors in the 1's. I truly like the 1 for what it is, and I was totally surprised about liking the little 2. These knives are useful enough to take into the brush, and inexpensive enough not to fret if lost there.

Last edited:
They don't cost much even up here in Canada, so I'm not going to pick fly sh** out of pepper about the steel. I'd like it even in AUS8.
LOL!!

Mine just arrived in the mailbox today. Coyote D2 R1. Had it not been called to my attention as an inexpensive D2 blade, I likely never would have gotten it. Now that I have it, I have to say I am very pleased with the blade and handle and edge geometry. The snap and pop, I am sorry I never looked at one before!

I would likely be happy with AUS8 in a Rat 2, aside from the small stature of the 2, seems natural to give the big guy company, right?

LOL!!

Mine just arrived in the mailbox today. Coyote D2 R1. Had it not been called to my attention as an inexpensive D2 blade, I likely never would have gotten it. Now that I have it, I have to say I am very pleased with the blade and handle and edge geometry. The snap and pop, I am sorry I never looked at one before!

I would likely be happy with AUS8 in a Rat 2, aside from the small stature of the 2, seems natural to give the big guy company, right?
Now you MUST get the R2D2, haha.

No way! R2D2! Have seen it, just got it! There is something wrong with y'all!

And you are right, now I MUST get an RIIDII, AUS8 is gonna have to wait.

Reactions: sv4
Now you MUST get the R2D2, haha.

o_O I did! Got it in coyote brown, first thing I did was order a deep carry clip. Carried it for a week or so in my fifth pocket - this is a nice little cutter! ALMOST too small for my meathooks, but it works. Light weight, solid feel, I am very pleased. The deep carry clip came in about a week, It's on there and rides about as low as you can. Still pleased as punch.

I just got my first RAT 1 in OD with AUS-8 steel. This knife is amazing! It feels perfect in hand and it is shaving sharp. It is on the heavy side, but I can tell already that I'm going to love it. It just might become my favorite...

I just got my first RAT 1 in OD with AUS-8 steel. This knife is amazing! It feels perfect in hand and it is shaving sharp. It is on the heavy side, but I can tell already that I'm going to love it. It just might become my favorite...
You, too, need to get yourself an R2D2 now :D

Back