The REK daily discussion thread :)

Big thanks to ErocSD ErocSD for sending his XM18 skinny scale so I could take some measurements to knock out the CAD required for doing a small run of full Ti scales for the Skinny 3.5". Gonna do a smooth version and textured version (diff. texture from hinderer's). Still will be a while but I got the project at least started :)

@Mako109 JJ_Colt45 JJ_Colt45

i-3p3XM59.png

Looking forward to this!! Awesome, thanks again!

I decided to go ahead with pre-orders on this Ember batch. This will allow everyone to dial in options as there are 2 steel types, 5 scale options, and sheath colors etc to pick from ;)

Also tell me what you guys think of my new shopify store?? Just got it finished up. Was time to upgrade!
Digging the new store. Easy to navigate and check out, and it’s all looking good :) Nice upgrade Josh. Time for big business!

Big thanks to ErocSD ErocSD for sending his XM18 skinny scale so I could take some measurements to knock out the CAD required for doing a small run of full Ti scales for the Skinny 3.5". Gonna do a smooth version and textured version (diff. texture from hinderer's). Still will be a while but I got the project at least started :)

@Mako109 JJ_Colt45 JJ_Colt45

i-3p3XM59.png

I'll be really interested to see what you come up with Josh!

Been a while since I was excited about a fixed blade. The last one was an Esee-6 all decked. Of course I sold it cuz 1095 really isn't ideal in da swamp.

M390 should be perfect for you then :) Woulda been even better if I could have done this run in Vanax but what can you do? :)

The finish is perfect. Thanks again Josh!

rJbzH4r.jpg

Whoa man, that looks amazing on that build! I can't believe how well the finish matches. That's awesome!

I'll be really interested to see what you come up with Josh!

Me too! haha. Do you think I should have some weight reduction pockets milled out of the inside? Is that what hinderer does on their normal full ti show-side scale?

Ember? What is this Ember of which you speak? Not patient enough to wait; so I'll have to start looking for that answer...

Well it's gonna be a few months unless you can find one of the initial lucky 9 that went out into the wild ;) lol

REK Knives REK Knives ... which clip is pictured on the sheath image on your shopify store?

That's the Discreet Carry Concepts - it's a pic from Fullflat Fullflat actually. They work well for IWB and OWB carry. I got the wrong size and run it in a single hole configuration (see previous page in this thread) but it is extremely sturdy, color me impressed :)

M390 should be perfect for you then :) Woulda been even better if I could have done this run in Vanax but what can you do? :)

Whoa man, that looks amazing on that build! I can't believe how well the finish matches. That's awesome!

Me too! haha. Do you think I should have some weight reduction pockets milled out of the inside? Is that what hinderer does on their normal full ti show-side scale?

Well it's gonna be a few months unless you can find one of the initial lucky 9 that went out into the wild ;) lol

That's the Discreet Carry Concepts - it's a pic from Fullflat Fullflat actually. They work well for IWB and OWB carry. I got the wrong size and run it in a single hole configuration (see previous page in this thread) but it is extremely sturdy, color me impressed :)

Yea, I wasn’t expecting such an exact match! I don’t see how you could have done any better matching the finish.

Perfection! Thanks for making it happen. :)

Back