The return to SNARKdom

Status
Not open for further replies.
today was Greek discovery day at oklahoma state university, spent all day going around to the differnt frat houses and meeting the guys, it was a fun day

Looks good Jonny. I love asparagus but can't stand the asparagus pee smell. Ive read that most people produce the smelly pee but only certain people can actually smell it. Lucky me!

Need some help. Just traded something in the trade forum, how do I lock a thread from an iPhone? I can't figure it out?

Need some help. Just traded something in the trade forum, how do I lock a thread from an iPhone? I can't figure it out?

you download the locking app?

you should see a close button

unless that's disable for that sub-forum

Oh man. Dan Keffler is selling a Super Assasin 2.0 in the knife makers forums. I wish I had 3500 bucks laying around that I could spare. That thing is glorious.

So much badassery it should be illegal... Unless i owned it haha!

Oh Worldwood, he's selling your sword lol.

Ya, if I could I would right now as well. That's an awesome piece!

That's the one... My dream blade!

I'm disappointed no one here bought it for me before it sold... You guys should of all pitched in.... What kind of people are you?

:D

I offered a trade for one of my kidneys. The offer was refused. I even offered to throw in a testicle, got the same answer.

Just going to put this here

This makes me kind of excited, in naughty places. The price tag I'm sure is going to be substantially more, however the workmanship I'm sure is going to be insane as well.

MmmMMmm....Spartan Blades.....*drool*

I offered a trade for one of my kidneys. The offer was refused. I even offered to throw in a testicle, got the same answer.

.....and you find this surprising, how?

High quality organs are like as good as currency, ya?

Or they could try cannibalism and eat them.

Spent last week visiting my parents for Easter. Man I miss the mountains lol. Anyways, while rummaging through some stuff, found a couple of axes:

A Home Hardware branded estwing hatchet, and a Hults Bruks axe. Promptly told them I'm taking my share of the inheritance early.

Both in pretty good shape; lots of cutting edge left. The HB has a loose head and cracked handle, so I'll be rehafting it. The varnish estwing's handle is pretty cracked up, and the leather mask is falling apart. Looks like a little project for the spring.

Oz was an incredible dog that transformed our lives.

In the city, he was the consummate ambassador for his breed. Always good natured and easy going, he would regularly draw crowds when we sat with him at restaurant patios or bars. I was always amazed at how he had a penchant for drawing in beautiful young women and often thought he would make a perfect wingman if I were not already happily married. A friend of mine once saw him working his magic with the ladies while we were having beers at a patio and called him a "pussy magnet." While I'm sure Oz's motives were nobler, it was amazing to see him so easily connecting with the women, men and dogs that were walking by. He loved everyone.

At the crag, he would willingly carry in extra litres of water and gear and keep me company while I built routes and trails at The Swamp. As these were the early days of development and there was no one else in the area, I felt better knowing that he would be by my side if something ever went wrong. Yes, he could not use a cell phone to call for assistance or drive a stick-shift to get help, but you could always count on him to keep you warm when the temps dropped. I know this because we went up there very early one season thinking that we were going to have the similarly mild conditions we were experiencing in Toronto. We were wrong. There was a still about a foot of snow and the temps were plunging below freezing during the evening. Unfortunately, we were not only underdressed but also underprepared. We had only brought thin foam sleeping pads, under-gunned sleeping bags and a tarp for protection from the elements. That night, the wind whistled past us and more snow accumulated on the ground as we huddled in a rock outcrop. And while I won't argue against the heat-trapping qualities of high-quality down and modern synthetic sleeping bags, if I were forced to choose, I would always pick Oz for his ability to pump out the heat; he was a walking hot-water bottle.

I can go on about how special he was by sharing details of his career as a champion show dog or how he was frequently invited into the tiny bars and restaurants in our neighbourhood, but we will always remember him most for being the catalyst that helped us form so many new friendships.

Going to miss this dog so much.

25494163113_8d9a770c95_z.jpg

Sorry about your loss, gmoneyluv... Losing a pet always sucks. Always...

Just got back from my roadtrip to Germany. Good times. Thread with pics soon...

Sorry Gus.

This is a perfect photo:

25494163113_8d9a770c95_z.jpg

Damn, Gus. I really hate to hear that. Oz was definitely one of the dogs that sets the mark to hit.

My heart goes out to you and Triggs.

Edit: I love that picture of the big guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back