The Schrade 44ot, One Cool Knife.

TIM,
HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU AND YOURS BACK ON THE EASTERN FRONT.
I PICKED UP ONE OF THE 4-BLADED 440T'S FOR MY COLLECTION OF 4-BLADED POCKET KNIVES. IT IS TRULY A BEAUTIFULLY MADE KNIFE, THE FIRST I'VE EVER SEEN IN THAT PARTICULAR LENGTH. THAT WARNCLIFFE BLADE IS JUST EXQUISITE!
WHAT ARE CHANCES OF SCHRADE DOING A 4" VERSION IN THE OT OR UNCLE HENRY LINE? I ALWAYS CARRY A 4" POCKET KNIFE, A STOCKMAN OR CONGRESS, AND ONE IN EITHER STYLE WOULD TICKLE MY FANCY NO END.
ACTUALLY A 4" CATTLE KNIFE WITH A CLIP, SHEEPFOOT, SPEY, AND A WARNCLIFFE WOULD BE CLOSE TO MY DEFINITION OF KNIFE HEAVEN.

Wes;

That is a great pattern - too bad they discontinued it. I had carried one and gave 4-5 others as gifts to some skilled trades people and they loved them. Very practical, but only in production for a couple of years. Like you, I really like the antique stock and cattle patterns with four blades, have several in my collection including a Remington 4 blade cattle, Remington 4 blade stock, Challenge, Wilbert and MArshall Wells 4 blade cattle knives, and the real gem, a Case tested greenbone 5 blade stock 4" closed length. This one came out of a shoebox full of estate knives on ebay!

Many years ago, Schrade made a small (3-3/8") sleeveboard cattle pattern with 4 blades - what a great size and pattern to put four blades in! I agree with you it would be great to see some 4 blade stock patterns on the market.

By the way, Queen will be offring a full-size (4") 4-blade congress in bone handles this year as part of their revamped standard product line - blades will be D2.

Thanks for the comments. I agree that the 4-blade 44OT is a great knife. It was discontinued several years ago due to poor sales - which was surprising. It's one of the most asked for knives by consumers. At this time we do not have any plans to bring it back - we'll keep you posted.

Back