The Schrade Loveless knife's Birth Certificate.

Discussion in 'Schrade Knives Collectors Forum' started by koldgold, Jun 26, 2020.

1. koldgold

koldgold

Jul 2, 2010
    Back on the 21st of September 1971, "Bob" Robert Waldorf Loveless met with some Schrade representatives at the "New Wolfie's Coffee House", 330 West 58th Street New York City.

"Giant Size Hamburgers" ........................................$0:85 cents.
    "De Lux Burger"......................................................$1:30
    "Omelettes" Bacon, Ham or Sausage and 2 eggs...........$1:35
    "Rice Pudding with Whipped Cream"............................$0:35

On the back of the Coffee House's menu, Bob Loveless sketched the knife Schrade later made and named the "Schrade / Loveless CH1 Custom Hunter".
    The Schrade / Loveless CH1, sold for US$100 + Tax, in the early 1970's.
    Looking at the Menu, $100 would buy a large number of Hamburgers!

Schade went on to produce the CH2, and the Pro-Hunter range of Loveless knives... Ken
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
  2. tongueriver

tongueriver Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 28, 2007
    Great info, Ken! Thanks!

3. bladecollectorr

bladecollectorr

Oct 7, 2017
    Cool to see. Thanks for posting Ken!

4. Misplaced Hillbilly

Misplaced Hillbilly Gold Member Gold Member

May 16, 2018
    I just had to look it up, $100.00 in 1972 when adjusted for inflation is $626.35 today:eek:
    A first run burgundy one would be a grail to me:cool::thumbsup:

5. Codger_64

Codger_64 Moderator Moderator

Oct 8, 2004
    True, you could have had your choice of this knife or 278 gallons of gas for your car.

315, Misplaced Hillbilly and koldgold like this.
  6. Ballenxj

Ballenxj

Oct 30, 2010
    Hey Ken, thanks for this nugget of information. :)
    Back when I was working in Las Vegas, I had a chance meeting with a gentleman by the name of Brent Harp. After talking knives with him a bit I discovered he was Bob Loveless's apprentice carrying on the trade of custom knife making. I showed him my Schrade, and that's when he told me it was indeed a Loveless design licensed to Schrade. I've had a few and managed to give them all away with the exception of this one.
    [​IMG]

koldgold likes this.
  7. koldgold

koldgold

Jul 2, 2010
    Hi Ballenxj, hope all is OK .
    Your knife looks like a Duck Knife.
    The Blue Bone knife in this set, is one of the Schrade knives that did not make it to full production, before they closed down... Ken
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ballenxj likes this.
  8. Ballenxj

Ballenxj

Oct 30, 2010
    Hi Ken, I'm doing OK Thanks. I hope you are as well. Nice knives you have, as usual. I think I had a Ducks Unlimited knife similar to yours, and one other. Memory isn't what it used to be. I have this habit of giving away some of my good stuff to friends. My small to begin with collection has been downsized yet again. :rolleyes: