The science behind steel....Steel University

Noodling around on the web as I'm prone to do, I happened upon this site which contains a ton and a half of comprehensive information regarding steel. Its setup as courseware in a slide/powerpoint style of format. I've really just scratched the surface of the information thats available here, but its all free content. Anyone interested in the science surrounding steel, steel manufacturing, applications, hardening and heat treating...its all seems to be here. Here's the link for anyone interested: https://www.steeluniversity.org/ You will have to register on the site to gain access to the courseware.

Thanks.
Years back, Farmindale (SUNY) had its metallurgy papers and course work online for all to see. Now you have to have an ID access code.

I registered and tried to login but got gobblygook. Might not be Mac friendly?

After I registered that same thing happened to me....but then it cleared up and I was able to log on after about 1/2 hour or so. Might be something about the verification process lagging behind. Send them an email if you continue to have an issue.

Looks interesting, thanks for posting. I have just registered and got some system error message/log upon first login. Will try later and see.

Thanks for sharing, I got the same message. Maybe they are getting flooded right now from forum members.

New guy here...
Welcome, Justin. What Warren and Stacy said. Larrin's book is the most recent, up-to-date, and daresay, complete book for knifemakers.

As an aside, this thread is over 4 years old, and some folks frown on this necroposting. If you really want to impress the higher-ups;), it's recommended that you start a new thread with a reference (or link) to the old one if necessary.

Back