The Sebenza 31 initial thoughts? The best CRK I've owned.

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by BMCGear, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Camp11

Camp11 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 5, 2020
    That would make sense. Thanks for the color!

2. BellaBlades

BellaBlades Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 12, 2013
    Same as Inkosi. Small hole to pop out the inlay !

Camp11 likes this.
  3. Roy Batty

Roy Batty Y'all can sling load DEEZ NUTS Platinum Member

May 25, 2016
    Glad you took the chance. The internet has a way of making small or rare problems seem bigger and more widespread than they really are.
    I have a large pj 31 and it’s my favorite knife.
    0BABA843-AFB5-46C1-B1C8-031B5C45510A.jpeg

Somi, loon#r, M B and 4 others like this.
  4. KELAMA

KELAMA Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 28, 2013
    ^ I agree
    I really like the custom Spydie hole you put on your 31. :thumbsup:
    One more member here, who purchased a 31, with zero issues whatsoever.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
    Roy Batty likes this.
  5. KELAMA

KELAMA Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 28, 2013
    ^ These photographs are amazing, Piter! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

6. BMCGear

BMCGear Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2014
    Having a negativity bias is a basic human survival mechanism - it protects us. But we have to look at this logically. If you wanted to buy a new car and there were 10,000 reviews and 100 of them were negative that's a relatively small sample compared to the 9,900 positive reviews. Statistically speaking you're more than likely going to be in the majority of reviewers.

With purchasing my new 31 I talked to my dealer and he reported no issues with the 31s and he sales out as soon as the shipment lands. Also, he is a solid guy and will take care of me if there was a problem.

kidcongo, TheFactor and BD_01 like this.
  7. bart1

bart1 Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2009
    I got my 31 and was super disappointed... heard it had a "Bank Vault " feel, and "Hydraulic" action... It was rusted shut from the water, and would not open because the prior owner lost the vault combination...... Just kidding .. I have a vast experience with "P"'s Regulars, 25, 21, Inkosi, Ti Lock etc, and the 31 has not disappointed,, very pleased with mine...I like the idea of using the blade to cut... it works!

8. kidcongo

kidcongo

Jan 12, 2013
    What is this radical technology you are describing? Tell us more!!! :D

TheFactor likes this.
  9. bart1

May 24, 2009
    IMG_1979.JPG Read it on the internet! Must be true....The little shiny part on the bottom of the blade seperates material! Who knew??!!!

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  10. pnsxyr

pnsxyr Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 29, 2013
    I assume this is being caused by the hole simply creating a different overall visual appearance, but the blade on your Seb looks so much sleeker and meaner than the identical models with thumb studs.

11. Roy Batty

Roy Batty Y'all can sling load DEEZ NUTS Platinum Member

May 25, 2016
    Thanks, that’s what I was going for.
    I LOVE CRK knives but I cannot STAND their thumb studs. Maybe being a Spyderco fan has spoiled me.
    I am willing to sacrifice the warranty services to get the knife the way I want it. I have yet to use CRK services for anything but spa treatments and I can find people to do that for me if I needed it.

12. BMCGear

Jan 4, 2014
    Well, after getting the 31 I kinda wanted a Zaan again but decided on an inlaid Inkosi.

I have to say the inlaid Inkosi feels really good. I wish the stock was as thin as the 31 but it's not bad. The 31 is definitely smoother than the Inkosi.

Brothers.jpg

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
    Alsharif, mag1 and TheFactor like this.
  13. bart1

May 24, 2009
    The thinner stock on the 31 won me over as well..., though I do like the Inkosi..

M B and TheFactor like this.
  14. BMCGear

Jan 4, 2014
    Inkosi handle and Sebenza blade would be ideal for me.

loon#r likes this.
  15. BMCGear

Jan 4, 2014
    Well, i'm almost a month in with the knife. I'll be honest - my edc knives don't get a ton of "hard" use. I'm a desk jockey but I value a high quality tool and the overall design of CRK just does it for me lately.

Since buying the knife I've purchased a CRK Inkosi as well (I usually carry it on the weekends) but I've sold everything else that I've had. Custom Shop Benchmades in M4 as well as the K390 Para 2. The Sebenza is just a great design even if s35vn isn't the latest/greatest.

This knife has me wanting to get an inlaid 31 to use on the weekends rather than the Inkosi but I might wait a while until s45vn is out for something different.

peha, mag1 and BD_01 like this.
  16. biggerjon

biggerjon Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 10, 2006
    Great thread! Glad you all are loving your knives.

loon#r likes this.
  17. Clem Fandango

Clem Fandango Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 3, 2020
    Black micarta 31 checking in - love using it, like the broader micarta inlay and the blade is beautiful. A keeper.

Although.... I also recently got a Zaan and that is vying strongly for attention.

18. BMCGear

Jan 4, 2014
    I bought a Micarta Inkosi which I really like but the thin grind of the 31 is making me think I need a micarta 31.