The Sebenza pocket clip

I've had my Small Sebenza for a little over a week now and I continue to be amazed! When I first received it I naturally assumed that the pocket clip would be the same as my other knives of that size. Not so! It is much better. It keeps the knife in a straight up position at the back of my right front pocket. The knife does not slip forward and scratch it's scales or scratch "anything else" in my pocket.

Will

Elvislives

Gold Member
I agree. I carry a large, and when it's not in my G2 sheath I clip it in my right front pocket. It doesn't move. Even when I clip it to a pair of shorts, much thinner than jeans, it stays put. Very good grab from the CRK clip.

Tell me, is your clip the newer style? Mine is the old style and I've wondered if the new ones do the same on thinner material.

Brandon

Brandon,
I suppose the clip is the new style. The little card says my Sebenza was manufactured Feb.21, 2001. What does the old style clip look like?

Will

Brandon,
Yep, that is what mine looks like.
I've used the new-style clip on my jeans and my Chinos with the same result. The Sebenza stays put and doesn't move around at all. Thin or thick material, it seems to make no difference.

Will

Hey....what can you say. Everything about the Seb is awesome, even the pocket clip
biggrin.gif

------------------
Knives & Things
Mike Payne

Owen, on it's way to you sir, and it does look nicer in person than the scan so no worries.

Clip? well I'm not as Anti-Clip as some, but I do prefer not to have my pockets torn up just so I can have quick access to a pocket knife, I'd rather it be in leather, and fixed blades in kydex, don't work in kydex myself, leave that up to the pros like Normark.

G2

------------------
"The Road to Hell is Paved with Good Intentions!"
Take the time to read your Bible Now, don't be left behind...

I've got the old style clip on mine, and it is very secure as well. I believe I read here that the new clip was designed to accept thicker material. Mine does fine, when it's not in MY G2 sheath!

I just can't wear a belt with my shorts Gary, or I'd carry it in that sheath always!

And Owen, that's a real good looking sheath! You will be very happy with it believe me!!!

Brandon

That is a beautiful piece of leather! Would I be out of line if I asked the price, please?

Thanks,
Will

I'm jealous
wink.gif

Just ordered mine (plain dark brown for the plain large) today, and I can't wait
eek.gif

If I look at the pic and squint I can imagine what mine will look like
biggrin.gif

Thanks Gary!!!!

------------------

"Don't get even, get odd"

You will all be very pleased with Gary's work! The really cool thing is that mine just look better with age.

Paul

Owen:

Could not bear to take the clip off my small. How would I clip it to my boxer shorts when I sleep
rolleyes.gif

Still can't wait!

------------------

"Don't get even, get odd"

Owen--got it, and thanks. The sheaths are beautiful! Last night my wife told me that I was beginning to look like I was wearing the "Bat Belt" with all the little items hanging on it. Ah, what does she know? She keeps her .38 Special in a purse!
smile.gif

Will

------------------
Mendacity is the
system we live in.

Back