1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

The send away 3.00 catalog, is it worth it?

Discussion in 'SOG Specialty Knives' started by edrozen, Apr 8, 2000.

1. edrozen

edrozen

Mar 2, 2000
    Ron, do you ever sleep?
    And what do you mean I haven't posted here in a while? I'm trying to generate some discussion, and hopefully others will catch on. I just post as it comes to me. Dispite recent differences, I really am on your side.
    Okay, like the title says.... I noticed in the tiny catalog that a larger catalog was available for 3.00 for postage or whatever. I was wondering if it includes much more information than what is available on your website and in the small catalog. Thanks.
    BTW the SOG winder ended up performing very well in a recent test between it and several others, where they beat the crap out of all of the knives. I don't think a single folder walked away with it's lock intact.

------------------
    EdRozen-On the cutting edge of finding out what the cutting edge is....

2. Ron Andersen

Ron Andersen

Mar 23, 2000
    Hi Ed,

Sleep? Sleep? What's that? I really think I need to find out!

The catalog: $3.00...Is is worth it? I say a hearty "Yes!" But relative to the details of your post, in which you state, "I was wondering if it includes much more information than what is available on your website and in the small catalog," in that quest only for more knowledge, you would be disappointed.

The catalog is a larger version of the small brochure...or more accurately stated, the small brochure is a smaller version of the larger catalog. In the catalog, the pictures are big and clear, the text is easy on the eyes (no magnifying glass needed), it is really worth handling. Relatively speaking, there are no extra pictures and no extra text. I don't have all the details, but it was awarded "Catalog of the Month" by a the leading journal overlooking the advertising field, and was in the running for "Catalog of the Year." We were excited to have our material recognized. Our advertising/design company did an awesome job!

We're more than willing to hand out the small brochure to anyone who asks, but as you alluded to, after the cost of shipping and the raw cost of printing, we are really making no money. The catalog is designed predominately for our dealers. The brochure is designed predominately for the end consumer. We make the catalog available to consumers who would like one.

Ed, hope this helps. Good to see you here! Post again soon.

[email protected]

------------------
    Email: [email protected]