The Stacked Leather Project

Redmeadow Knives

John Conner
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
The Stacked Leather Project
Redmeadow's diabolical plan to consistently have stacked leather knives on the bench.

I've mentioned this project before in the Stacked Leather Zone thread and that these first three are taken but wanted to get a thread laid out to start to document them. The first run will be three and I plan on having at least two on the bench at any given time after that.

20220226_172407-01.jpeg

Here's a video I sent to the first three takers about the design last year.

Something around 4.5 inches would really get my attention:thumbsup:
When these are finished I'll be continuing the stacked leather with a different style so I'll be listening to input on the next run. Something in that range for a less tall blade in a Bird/Trout style would be interesting.

The long story short on what's keeping me away from these at the moment:

I've been working on a project behind the scenes that's an intensive build and it's taken a lot of my free time, time that would have me knee deep in this thread. I was asked to do a commission in April that I couldn't refuse. Revealing the process in the sub might spoil the surprise for the recipient (Damn yer eyes if you're lurking!). I don't think they frequent here but I'm erring on the side of caution. It's almost finished but I won't be able to post it for another month.

Once it's finished, these will have my full attention.

I appreciate the response - hope I didn't contribute to the spoiling of a surprise. 🤫

I appreciate the response - hope I didn't contribute to the spoiling of a surprise. 🤫
Oh not at all. When asked what he wanted for a retirement gift by his boss, a friend said one of my knives m. His boss contacted me and asked if I would make it. I've known the guy for 15 years so I was more than happy to make him one. I haven't spoken to him about it so I don't know if he knows that I agreed to it or not. It's fine if he knows but I'm gonna keep the details quiet until he gets it.

Howdy all!
Hope all y’all had a safe long weekend!!

Them stacked leather grips look mighty inviting!!
I think I’d wind up in some kind of crisis, to use, or not to use…??

Oh how I love a buttery chunk of bronze. Just my weird brain but brass is the margarine of the butter world, bronze is the hand churned stuff 😁
20230110_133523-01.jpeg
Let's get some damned guards cut out for these.

Runnin a 14tpi blade, I use it for everything from soft metals (aluminum, copper, bronze) to wood. 18-21tpi for steel.

Oh how I love a buttery chunk of bronze. Just my weird brain but brass is the margarine of the butter world, bronze is the hand churned stuff 😁
View attachment 2041937
Let's get some damned guards cut out for these.

Runnin a 14tpi blade, I use it for everything from soft metals (aluminum, copper, bronze) to wood. 18-21tpi for steel.
Brass is miracle whip. Bronze is real mayo.

Brass is miracle whip. Bronze is real mayo.
Brass
b1b.gif

Bronze
superman-flying.gif

Back