The Stretch 2

navman

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Full disclosure, I have been a Spyderco supporter since the 1980's when my step brother's dad gave both my bro and I blue handled Delica's. Chuck was the CEO of Olson Saw Blades and Foredom tools and introduced me to Spyderco knives after an industry show. Ever since, I have had a Spyder in my pocket.

Most recently I purchased a Stretch 2 from a fellow forumite to take with me on my current PCS back to big fleet Navy.

This knife is a very effective cutting tool! I would love to see a slightly smaller model as well.

I love my ZDP stretch. I wish the model got some more love with steels. The model is better IMO than the delica/endura, which are still great just not for me. Wish the stretch got a little more attention for what it is relatively

I also admire and enjoy the Stretch 2. I have one in ZDP-189 and it cuts like magic.

I am also a big fan on the hand ergos and thin blade.

Great knives for EDC!

I got one not long ago because it looks like it would be a great combination skinning / butchering knife for deer and larger with that nice belly.

I had a Stretch 2 in VToku but ended up selling it because I liked my Stretch 1 in ZDP better. The handle is shorter and I like the blade shape a bit better on the 1. Can’t go wrong with either though.

I haven't handled a 2. I have several Stretch's though. Love the ergo. I don't know why there is a 2.

Love mine especially sporting this blade :thumbsup:
OVqt8uw.jpg

The Stretch is one of my all time favorites. The Stretch 2 in G-10 with ZDP blade ends up in my pocket quite often.

I have an old one, and a new one in black FRN/VG-10. Value EDC Perfection........:)

Back