The Sunday Picture Show... (8-23-2020) . . . (OLD Show Look at the DATE...)

The Kalinga is one of my favorite all time Buck Knives. Here I am with Wild Bill Cody at the BCCI 30th Anniversary gathering in Post Falls with my huge Kalinga alongside a standard sized Kalinga.
This huge Kalinga was made by Wild Bill.

7SjXwRo.jpg

And here is Joe Houser checking out the knife.

hKT2zjr.jpg

The Kalinga is one of my favorite all time Buck Knives. Here I am with Wild Bill Cody at the BCCI 30th Anniversary gathering in Post Falls with my huge Kalinga alongside a standard sized Kalinga.
This huge Kalinga was made by Wild Bill.
James, I remember seeing that brute at the 30th. As well as your fantastic display. I didn't know you well enough to ask to fondle it...but next time I'll ask.

First model 402 Akonua c.1972. Inverted is a tough find as it was introduced just before the change to upright.
Inverted Kalingas are easier to find as they were introduced a few years earlier.
420Inverted002_zps7a4993ec.jpg

Last edited:
image.jpeg image.jpeg Here are 2 Model 560 Titanium folders. They are the newer style: 7/16" thick with champfered edges. The older style was 1/2" thick with stepped edges.
On one knife, I replaced the pivot rivet with a screw set to be able to change blades. On the other, I replaced all 4 rivets with screw sets. This allowed me to skinny up the knife by grinding away Titanium from the insides of the handle slabs. 1/32"of materials was removed from each slab. The new thickness is 3/8". Both knives got pocket clips, thumb studs, and premium blades.

Preston - The 30th was a great time. Looking forward to the 35th in a few years. We'll have to get together along with some of the other Buck nuts.
It will be interesting to see how it all goes with all new BCCI leaders.

Back