The Sunday Picture Show... (9-23-2012)

I can tell you your 112 was born about 1978 or 1979. I like the story of how it came to be yours.

Nice group of Bucks!! :thumbup:

Yeah My father did masonry for almost 25 years and he was redoing an old log cabin and putting in a new stone fireplace to replace the old one that was falling apart. His specialty was fireplaces and when they were tearing the old one down this old buck fell out from between a couple of the old bricks. He carried it on his belt for probably 10 years after that and used it daily. Finally it got passed down to me , I did buy him a new one though.

Here is my modest collection of Bucks.

A group shot of my bead blasted Buckmaster 184 & 655 Nighthawk.
My Omni hunter that I put some wood handle scales on a great knife in my opinion.
Last but not least a Buck 112 that my father gave me. He found it on a job site up in a chimney back in the early 80's. This knife has seen a lot of use but still locks up tight.

Buck9-12-12.jpg

Could someone give me some info on the 112 by looking at the photo? Like what year it may have been made in or how to clean her up a bit and clean out the action. The lockup is tight but the movement is kinda sticky and doesn't open smoothly. I thought about having it restored but I want to leave it as it looked when my father gave it to me.

Buck112.jpg

Thanks for any info you guys may have on the 112 and you all have some beautiful knives.

Dom, nice collection of Bucks you have... I like your 112 and your 184... very nice... Thanks for sharing on the SPS... ITE :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Back