The Sunday Picture Show (March 24th, 2024)

howiema howiema March is the absolute worst for weather in the NE. The rivet pins on that 110 seem to have an unusual alignment. Is that just in my head?
From what I know the earlier had offest pins, 4 or 5 of the V3's I have carry the same pin alignment, the later models with the stainless rocker pins seem to have the pins more in line, Just what I have read over the years

I can't quite make out the tang stamps -- the bottom two: 501 and 503? (I have a 503 and I'm trying to decide if I "need" a 501.)
Yes, 501 above 503. They aren't marked with model #s because they're customs. The 501 is a great size for a pocket knife, IMHO. A 503 is almost too small for my hands. I haven't tried their baby brother, the 505 yet

Huv86Uzh.jpg

Here’s my collection of 112s so far. I have the BCCI KOA coming in thanks to some recent enabling (I’m looking at you Ironbut Ironbut and B BennyBlade ). I’ll also be adding the ebony nickel bolster drop point s30v at some point, they’re out of stock often it seems.

lh1iurz.jpeg
You're welcome! It's always a pleasure helping someone else spend their hard earned money.:)

M Midnight Rider

I’m jealous of your Cherrywood 113. I ordered one and it came in so dark it doesn’t match any of my others. The handle is flat and a dark layer is exposed instead of a red layer.

view
I see what you mean about not matching, but your 113 is a beauty also. My 212 is very dark, compared to my other Cherrywood knives, but it's close enough for me, for now. I really wish that Buck would add other models to the Custom Shop.

Yes, 501 above 503. They aren't marked with model #s because they're customs. The 501 is a great size for a pocket knife, IMHO. A 503 is almost too small for my hands. I haven't tried their baby brother, the 505 yet

Happy SPS

A Ace Rimmer you absolutely need a 501 😇
M Midnight Rider 👍

Some 501's

Thanks! I like my 503, but the 501 sure looks like it hits the "sweet spot" for size, and has some good customization options, too.

Another near environmental disaster took place this week in 1979. The partial meltdown of nuclear reactor #2 on Three Mile Island, in Middletown, PA, took place on March 28, 1979.
The popular joke at the time was Chappaquiddick Island (1), Three Mile Island (0)
I recall Ted Kennedy was generally anti-nuclear.

2005 691 Zipper
view

Last edited:
I'm a fan of David Yellowhorse's work and have some of his creations. He did a series called Cuthair, done on the 192 platform(called 108), with the chipped flint type blade. This is not one of that series but a one off done from a left over blade(as per Gene Merritt).
nXnDgwh.jpg

Back