The Sword from Steel Dawn, the 1987 Swayze movie.

kaotikross

BANNED
I remember the movie and the sword. It's basically a short sword, with a milled blade, and an extra long handguard separated into two pieces. Does anyone else remember this movie?

Never seen the movie, but here are some pics:

dfsdfsdfdf.jpg

steel-dawn-epic.jpg

steel-dawn00010.jpg

I remember that movie as being pretty bad, but not completely unwatchable. Very similar to the Road Warrior movies but with sword fights instead of vehicle chases/combat.

The sword looks like an aluminum prop. Were it real, it's configuration would make it predominantly a stabbing sword. Doesn't look very useful as a slashing/chopping weapon.

Notice the holes drilled in the blade.....a feature we see again on a blade in another post-apocalyptic movie made more than 20 years later.....can anyone ID the movie I'm talking about?

the sword/machete/golok/whatever it is from "Book of Eli"? And yeah, i think the Dawn sword is aluminum, but i like the design. I found an old copy of the movie, gonna watch it tonight and see if it jogs my memory.

So who's gonna make the Steel Dawn sword? NOT IT! :D

is it completely wrong to mention squidbillies and swayze crazy?
Hahaha.. not at all. :D
If somebody will make it for free, and send it to me,I will make a video of me singing "She's like the wind", while I attempt to do the dance from the end of dirty dancing. then I'll lovingly cup it while I attempt to make an ashtray out of play dough while the righteous brothers sing "Unchained melody" in the background.

I will make a video of me singing "She's like the wind", while I attempt to do the dance from the end of dirty dancing. then I'll lovingly cup it while I attempt to make an ashtray out of play dough while the righteous brothers sing "Unchained melody" in the background.

:eek::D

Hahaha.. not at all. :D
If somebody will make it for free, and send it to me,I will make a video of me singing "She's like the wind", while I attempt to do the dance from the end of dirty dancing. then I'll lovingly cup it while I attempt to make an ashtray out of play dough while the righteous brothers sing "Unchained melody" in the background.

I would pay good money NOT to have to see such a performance.

Zieg

:D I watched the movie again, and every single "sword' in it was obviously highly-polished aluminum, and I'm fairly sure by freezing during close-ups they were blunt edges. It was more obvious during "blade-on-blade" fighting, because the noises made didn't even sound like steel to me. The Swayze sword DID come apart, the lower part of the handguard revealed a spike-like blade about four inches long. Still a neat design, though. Kind of a mini-bastard sword.

Back