1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED! Live stream of the winners being picked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ6xurJWkhs

Hey folks! We're having a Becker Giveaway over in the Giveaway forum, check it out and have a chance to win a free Becker 4 Machax, Becker 5 Magnum Camp, or Becker 15 Short Trailing Point!

The Toothpick!

Discussion in 'Ban Tang's "Stupid Sharp Knives"' started by Ban, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Ban

Ban Moderator Moderator

Oct 14, 1998
    This one is made of .140 thick INFI at the thickest point. Full height flat grind with distal taper. Black Canvas micarta handles. I envisioned carver, fillet, and food prep knife with a bad attitude while bringing this one to reality. Yes, the INFI is not a typo. Can anyone guess what this use to be?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Brummie

Brummie Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 13, 2007
    B8? Do I win the knife if I'm right? :D

3. Ban

Ban Moderator Moderator

Oct 14, 1998
    Nope and nope ;)

4. JackHammer

JackHammer Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Sar 8?

5. xxwarderxx

xxwarderxx Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 27, 2015
    x2

I'm going with Sar 8 as well.

6. JGarrison Knives

JGarrison Knives KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 28, 2005
    Its hard to believe what it was before.

7. Ban

Ban Moderator Moderator

Oct 14, 1998
    One of my first few Busse Mods.

Originally about .200" thick which was then satin'd and thinned down to my liking.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
  8. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    Wow!
    We need more, Ban.
    rolf

9. LCKT707

LCKT707 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 26, 2015
    Wow! Was about to ask what you did to Jerry to let you use some INFI and then it hit me LOL. Great job, absolutely stunning. I had this idea a while ago, but to turn it in to a folder. Make the knife community lose its mind haha. I just love INFI, wish I could have it clipped to my pocket one day.

10. JackHammer

JackHammer Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Apparently a lot of work went into that transformation.