The TRADITIONAL sunday picture show!!!!

Have a great Sunday folks :) :thumbsup:

M3WqA4I.jpg
Looks like a great Sunday breakfast, Jack. :cool::thumbsup:

A recent gift I received: the Iisakki Jarvenpaa "Double Leuku". Traditional Lapland/Finnish knife set. The puukko is a good bushcraft knife with 3 1/2" continuously curved cutting edge, and the leuku is a good chopper with 7" cutting edge. The carbon steel spine does produce sparks on a firesteel. The leuku noticeably gains angular momentum when swung with a 3-finger grip, with the pinkie finger behind the flat pommel. Both blades are 3mm thick, Scandi grind with a small microbevel, very sharp from the factory. Good fit and finish. Beautiful curly birch handles. Tight fit in the sheath, which is made of good quality, thick leather. I oiled it with Obenauf's Heavy Duty LP Leather Preservative. Both handles comfortable in the hand despite their vast difference in size.
Iisakki Jarvenpaa Double Leuku.JPG

Iisakki Jarvenpaa in sheath.JPG

A recent gift I received: the Iisakki Jarvenpaa "Double Leuku". Traditional Lapland/Finnish knife set. The puukko is a good bushcraft knife with 3 1/2" continuously curved cutting edge, and the leuku is a good chopper with 7" cutting edge. The carbon steel spine does produce sparks on a firesteel. The leuku noticeably gains angular momentum when swung with a 3-finger grip, with the pinkie finger behind the flat pommel. Both blades are 3mm thick, Scandi grind with a small microbevel, very sharp from the factory. Good fit and finish. Beautiful curly birch handles. Tight fit in the sheath, which is made of good quality, thick leather. I oiled it with Obenauf's Heavy Duty LP Leather Preservative. Both handles comfortable in the hand despite their vast difference in size.
View attachment 1204561

View attachment 1204562
That's a handsome pair, Ted!!:thumbsup:

Back