The TRADITIONAL sunday picture show!!!!

I have always appreciated this Northwoods for it's unique blade design, appropriately called the Bohncliffe. Of course it reminds me of it's designer, our friend Derek (RIP) who was a designer of discriminating taste. Having this Forest Jack made in shadow style was one of his better ideas... the more Mammoth the better!
For the last few days I've been carrying it in this cool custom slip. This beautiful slip was gifted to me by one of our more talented members, who has become a friend to many here on the porch. Thank you Greg ( sunknife sunknife ) I treasure your generous gift already and will for many years to come. 🗡️🗡️🗡️🗡️🗡️ I give you and it the "5 Dagger Award" because I have yet to locate a pocket knife symbol. ;)

R4xuoxf.jpg

(originally posted in the "Show me your ivory thread")
sparerow

Last edited:
8 | 7 | 6
Took an informal call in poll this afternoon and decided these 3 are my favorite OPINEL ring lockers
I like all-a-y'alls knives better but simple is what it is. Besides, I took a picture and gonna post it somewhere.
Oak, Birch, Brazilian Rosewood
OH ... and according to the poll, If I had to pick just one ... No.7 ... I think

KyY12bz.jpg

I went over to my daughters for a day outing with my youngest grandson. When I got there I had him cut up some potatoes, carrots and mushrooms... supervised of course.
We wrapped 'em in foil with some burger, onion and seasoning. We drove 3 miles to a state park to build a fire and have our Hobo Lunch cooked on wood coals. He got to carry
his pocket knife that Mom & Dad keep put away for him to use only when with Dad or Grandpa. Was a nice day, the little fella even got to work on making a feather stick and
learn to use a ferro rod to start a fire. :)
View attachment 1556930View attachment 1556931View attachment 1556933

I have always appreciated this Northwoods for it's unique blade design, appropriately called the Bohncliffe. Of course it reminds me of it's designer, our friend Derek (RIP) who was a designer of discriminating taste. Having this Forest Jack made in shadow style was one of his better ideas... the more Mammoth the better!
For the last few days I've been carrying it in this cool custom slip. This beautiful slip was gifted to me by one of our more talented members, who has become a friend to many here on the porch. Thank you Greg ( sunknife sunknife ) I treasure your generous gift already and will for many years to come. 🗡️🗡️🗡️🗡️🗡️ I give you and it the "5 Dagger Award" because I have yet to locate a pocket knife symbol. ;)

R4xuoxf.jpg

(originally posted in the "Show me your ivory thread")
5 daggers :) you are far to kind, James.:)
Your Northwoods is a beauty and seams like a perfect match for the slip.👍
sparerow

Nice knives everyone! Not sure how well this fits into your thread, but I see a few lockbacks and a lot of Case XX so maybe it’s okay..

This thing was in a real bad way when I got it.. Factory blade snapped in half, wood handles broken and brass beat to crap, it’s a knife not a dang hammer! New blade made from USA Damascus, some fossilized wooly mammoth tooth for scales and a little elbow grease has got it looking pretty sharp now I think.. This mammoth tooth buffs up really nicely

bB31hAx.jpg

gkXAnDM.jpg

UvGk0QF.jpg

vx5xeqe.jpg

mI8TDhR.jpg

uMFpmGF.jpg

Nice knives everyone! Not sure how well this fits into your thread, but I see a few lockbacks and a lot of Case XX so maybe it’s okay..

This thing was in a real bad way when I got it.. Factory blade snapped in half, wood handles broken and brass beat to crap, it’s a knife not a dang hammer! New blade made from USA Damascus, some fossilized wooly mammoth tooth for scales and a little elbow grease has got it looking pretty sharp now I think.. This mammoth tooth buffs up really nicely

bB31hAx.jpg

gkXAnDM.jpg

UvGk0QF.jpg

vx5xeqe.jpg

mI8TDhR.jpg

uMFpmGF.jpg
'Looking pretty sharp now I think'... is a gross understatement, that knife looks amazing. :cool::cool:

Back