The Traveling Spyderco Delica. . .

SpyderBros/SpyderGals/SpyderBites/SpyderPhreaks,

I have a lonely brown Delica in VG-10 that is in near-new condition. It sits in its box all day long, inside a dark storage bin, inside a closet. Every now and again when I open the storage box for one reason or another I hear a faint call from it saying "use me, please. I wasn't meant to sleep all day in a box. I was meant to CUT things." Well, unfortunately, I have a SuperBlue Delica and a Lil' Para Mod Delica that seem to always get the pocket time and the pocket love and as such the lonely Brown Delica goes neglected.

Will you help me fulfill all the hopes and dreams of this little Brown Delica? He wants to get out and see the world! He has hopes of cutting small tree limbs in North Carolina, slicing open packages in Texas, dicing fruits in Illinois, zipping through yards of cardboard in California.

The one thing about him is that he is VERY vain! He wants his exploits in use to be documented, photographed and posted on the Spyderco forum for the world to see! He is also particular--he wants to be used and NOT abused. He wants to be loved, but NOT molested. He wants to be kept sharp and NOT butchered.

Here is what I propose:
**I ship the Brown Delica to a Spyderco forumite. They put it to use, carry it, use it, strop it, love it, etc.
**They document their EDC use by taking pics and documenting the journey by posting the adventures right here in this here thread.
**After a week or two of use, they send the Delica (at their own expense) to another Spyderco forumite and "wash, rinse, and repeat."
**This cycle continues as long as there is someone next in line who wants to continue the journey.
**After a few months of it traveling the country and the world the knife will then be returned home to me, safe, sound, and fulfilled of all its hopes, dreams, and journeys.

If you are interested in participating will you please EMAIL me and include your username on BF. We will make arrangements to get the ball rolling on this journey!

My email address is: mostmenareruthless AT gmail.com

Itinerary for Mr. Brownstone:
Origination in SLC, UT
Skivic; NY; 2227 Miles
gonebad395; IN; 805 Miles
Skeptic13; CO; 1082 Miles
mobilerd; AL; 1309 Miles
TLE Sharp; TX; 832 Miles
armadew; Switzerland; 5400 Miles
sixgunner455; AZ; 5730 Miles
BilboBaggins; WI; 1774 Miles
wiredbeans; ON CN; 723 Miles
Total Miles Traveled: 19,882

**UPDATED TRAVEL INFO**
Sadly, Mr. Brownstone disappeared, along with the last host "wired beans", somewhere up in the Great White North.
However, a great member Harronek from Down Under has introduced a new player in the game--a decidedly Australian gent by the name of Bluey! Bluey is a burnt orange handled VG10 Delica and he will be traveling the world in the stead of Mr. B. His first stop is further down south in South Australia and is being hosted by Lou7. I will keep the thread updated with mileage and locations on this first page with the NEW itinerary for Bluey.

**UPDATED UPDATED TRAVEL INFO**
Sadly, Bluey also disappeared, along with the last host "Devdev98".
Yet another new player in the game has been introduced from the kind participation of uxo2. Please see the latest posts for the adventures of "Cam."

Itinerary for Bluey:
Origination in Mackay, Australia
Lou7; South Australia; 1622 Miles
cambertree; Victoria Australia; 487 Miles
TRfromMT; Westminster CO; 8760 Miles
Devdev98; Moorhead, MN; 853 Miles
Total Miles Traveled: 11,722

Itinerary for Cam:
Origination in Southern, CA
Polynikes01; Coos Bay, OR; 891 Miles
Gary W. Graley; Painted Post, NY; 2860 Miles
ahoward2k; Justin, TX; 1506 Miles
Glock Guy; Bismarck, ND; 1105 Miles
4mer_FMF; San Diego, CA; 1645 Miles
DustinY; Safford, AZ; 535 Miles
RipD; Portland, OR; 1431 Miles
zemogKA; Westminster, CO; 1244 Miles
stuntdouble; Exmore, VA; 1813 Miles
kingston73; Blackstone, MA; 496 Miles
Megawatt308; Las Vegas, NV; 2696 Miles
TRavis Santelmann; Dunn, NC; 2368 Miles
MississippiRifleman; Kabul, Afghanistan; 7173 Miles
Total Miles Traveled: 25,766

Last edited:
Fun idea MMAR! I have a few Delicas in the rotation so I'm not sure I'll participate but maybe. Just a suggestion, keep track of the miles the knife's traveled. I'll be interesting to see how far it goes.

Fun idea MMAR! I have a few Delicas in the rotation so I'm not sure I'll participate but maybe. Just a suggestion, keep track of the miles the knife's traveled. I'll be interesting to see how far it goes.

Great suggestion! First trip will be 2227 road miles!

Emailed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On its way sir!

Email sent

Email replied.

Awesome idea!

Thanks!

Great idea. I'll play. I have a Brown Endura that your Delica can hang out with for the week. Email sent.

Could be fun to watch. I won't participate because it looks like "BD" (brown Delica) was anxious to get out of Utah and see the world. ;) But it has been fun to read the exploits of "Earl" over in the Traditionals area. Hopefully there will be some fun photography to follow.

Very cool idea! Hopefully it will expose more people to the joys of Delica ownership :)

I always wanted to try one out, my first spyderco was a pm2 when they first came out and then never really went for smaller folders, so this is going to be great

Email sent.

I'd be happy to host your delica with its cousins in Australia.

Oh, and can I suggest you give him or her a name (like Earl the Barlow).

Helps to build up a personality if we're writing about it...

Email sent.

I even have packages in Texas for it to open!

MMAR, if you want it to see some time in the woods, or perhaps out on a lake in CT, let me know. I'll happily host and send pics.

To all who have replied in the thread or sent me an email--I believe I have responded to everyone--if not, please send me another email and I will reply!

I am looking forward to seeing the travels of this Delica--there have been respondents from people all over the world!

It has been suggested that we give the Brown Delica a name so he can be addressed properly when people are writing about him.

So, from this time forth the Brown Delica shall forever be called "Mr. Brownstone." For those of you unfamiliar with the reference I suggest you rewind the clock back to 1987 and listen to one of the greatest hard rock albums ever conceived, written and performed by the one and only Guns N' Roses!

As of this moment Mr. Brownstone is "out for delivery" in the great state of New York!

Excited to say hi to Mr brownstone as soon as I get home!!!!

Mr Brownstone has arrived!!! Here are his first pics and he will be riding copilot with me M4 pm2

1da497987477b891f06d4179a6b912e2.jpg
d3b1e724e3681a7b2ca4d859cff6e831.jpg
8659a7093b30f847a12a1dc549123e0e.jpg
f87970c58dcba7e1cf4b76a6513faffe.jpg
fa891f558f2494fd455666390d315745.jpg

Mr Brownstone and I decided that since we mowed the lawn we deserve some corona lol cut us up some lime and blade is even big enough for some small good prep

4f818e70c3e26c4e5a1cba556adc3880.jpg

Back