The Travelling Delica Vol. 2

(here is a link to the original thread for reference https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/the-traveling-spyderco-delica.1420403/ )

Greetings, Spyderfolk! I think it's time to bring back a tradition that a lot of people enjoyed. That is, the Travelling Delica!

The idea here is that the Delica will be shipped out from one forum member to another, and its carry and tasks across the land will be documented here with pictures. Each forum member should have the Delica for a couple weeks or so until it is passed onto another. Hopefully this will go on for several months until the decision is made that a given Delica will return to its home. After this, if someone else wants to offer their own Travelling Delica, they'll email me and I'll pass the reigns onto them.

I think this event will help tighten our community in a positive way, so have fun!

The Rules:
Firstly, these few rules help to prevent Delicas from turning up missing:

** In order to participate, a user must have positive feedback ratings from the Exchange OR have any current paid membership.
Exceptions can be made if you are a trusted, long time member.

** United States addresses, only, please. International Customs is a dangerous place for knives, and it'd hold up the show.

As a temporary home for a Delica, you have specific responsibilities:

** You are to pay for shipping to a new member, with tracking.

** The Delica will leave your possession in similar condition as it arrived.

** If something breaks, contact the original owner to talk about getting it fixed.

If you would like to participate and agree with the rules, please email me at:

paviac1@email.arizona.edu

Or send me a PM

To start off, I offer my own Delica, a Clipit model named Rupert!

20200902_095402~2_resize_97.jpg 20200902_095345~2_resize_26.jpg

Rupert has been around the block, as he's part of the first generation of Delicas. But, as many old folks do, now he wants to go see the country!

Ready to go with a slick convex edge in his AUS-8 steel and his teeth nice and sharp, Rupert wants to tackle your EDC tasks wherever you may be!
His lanyard/fob helps keep Rupert looking unique, so he can easily be recognized anywhere on the Forum and even other places on the internet, so please don't remove it.
His plastic clip isn't as fragile as people might think, but some care should still be taken.

Let's get him on the road!

Last edited:
Rupert's Itinerary:

Home: Tucson, Arizona

Traveled:

NW Tennessee - 1583 mi.
S California - 1983 mi.
Chicago, IL - 1740 mi.
Florida panhandle - 1605 mi.

Total: 6911 mi.

Upcoming: no one up next yet

Last edited:
She has tasted blood, conquered landscaping, weedeater wire, striped plastic coating off of cable railings, cut many of gutter pipe! She’s one tough braud! I’ve put a beating on her more than any other knife I’ve ever owned. Still functioning true, sharp, and solid. Let’s call her Esmeralda! Lol. She also had a tip mod by me. upload_2020-9-2_16-27-42.jpeg

Bilbo Baggins pretty sure with a name like that your required to join the traveling knife game! Lol. Sorry couldn’t resist

Well for starters becoming a paid member would help showing some dedication at least
I agree with Dallas T. Of course I don't want to pressure you into paying for anything, but I am leery of random, relatively low activity accounts, at least for now. But getting a paid membership would show that you're likely not going to just disappear when a knife reaches your door. Nothing against you personally, I just have to treat everyone that way.

Agreed with ^. Too many burns from unknown members of this community. That’s all nothing personal, but at least a paid member shows dedication I guess

I agree with you 100%,maybe in a few weeks I can upgrade to gold and hopefully get in on this....its a start anyway

This is a really cool post...and I hope to take part in it soon. I understand your feelings about letting new people in....its all good

Back