The unofficial, non binding, carries no weight, 2020 forum knife possibility discussion thread

It's a bit off topic, but I'll say that I can respect vegans who have decided to not consume animal products. Whether for health or humane reasons, we all draw a line somewhere.

Agreed. I have a good friend who was vegan for 20 years. He gave it up five years ago for health reasons. But you would never have known it unless you were observant and then quizzed him. It was just what he did, no big deal. His first bite of meat in 20 years was when he bummed a piece of beef jerky off me on a hike. When he told me that, I told him I felt awful and he told me to stop being stupid. I tried. :) But when Vegans become evangelical, or even when they announce to the world that they're vegan, I become annoying. Or perhaps I should say, I become even more annoying. LOL

It's a bit off topic, but I'll say that I can respect vegans who have decided to not consume animal products. Whether for health or humane reasons, we all draw a line somewhere.

This is why I was hoping for wood, and I don't think it's especially off-topic. You're a respected Porch regular and I appreciate you raising your concerns about giraffe bone. :thumbsup:

I've spent the day coming to terms with the high likelihood that this year's knife will be stainless -- which is so rare for these, and super exciting! -- and I won't be able to buy one. :eek: Which, I mean, on the scale of problems and given the current state of the world, is a pretty small thing...but it still smarts a bit. :D

Friends,

knifeswapper knifeswapper is conducting a poll which has a sticky at the top of our sub forum about who is in for 2020 forum knife. He needs a commitment to at 300 for the factory to take our order. The poll is open until Thursday.

Go cast your vote of support if you are interested in purchasing one or more knives this year.

I'd like to vote Amboyna.....hope I'm doing this right.

we voted for knife style and covers over the weekend. It’s settled on Viper swayback with ram horn covers.

only open poll for voting is if you want to make a commitment for purchasing. Mike had to move fast due to the time of year. We have to get an order in ASAP so the factory can produce the knife before the end of the year.

we voted for knife style and covers over the weekend. It’s settled on Viper swayback with ram horn covers.

only open poll for voting is if you want to make a commitment for purchasing. Mike had to move fast due to the time of year. We have to get an order in ASAP so the factory can produce the knife before the end of the year.

Gotcha - my apologies

Just a suggestion folks.

Someone needs to recap exactly what's going on at the beginning of these threads.
I, for one, have no inclination to read through six pages/four threads of you guys blabbering just to find out what's happening. I'm more likely to say f--- it and move on.
The count thread.
I have no idea what number you guys need to hit. I signed for one, but if it gets close, I may be swayed to order two but I don't know what close is.
By my count, there are now like four threads dedicated to the Forum knife and info is spread across all four threads.
AFAIK, it's a Wharncliffe swayback with bone scales. Size? Steel? Cost? I have no clue and again, no wish to go through all these threads to find out.
Luckily, I'm a sucker and have signed up for this knife pretty much blind.
More people may be interested if the info was all in one locked post/sticky with instructions on what's needed to sign up and what the current status is.
If I wasn't so hot for this knife I would've just given up a long time ago (like when it was posted that it wasn't happening this year).

Just a suggestion folks.

Someone needs to recap exactly what's going on at the beginning of these threads.
I, for one, have no inclination to read through six pages/four threads of you guys blabbering just to find out what's happening. I'm more likely to say f--- it and move on.
The count thread.
I have no idea what number you guys need to hit. I signed for one, but if it gets close, I may be swayed to order two but I don't know what close is.
By my count, there are now like four threads dedicated to the Forum knife and info is spread across all four threads.
AFAIK, it's a Wharncliffe swayback with bone scales. Size? Steel? Cost? I have no clue and again, no wish to go through all these threads to find out.
More people may be interested if the info was all in one post/sticky with instructions on what's needed to sign up and what the current status is.
If I wasn't so hot for this knife I would've just given up a long time ago (like when it was posted that it wasn't happening this year).

If you reply knifeswapper knifeswapper , the guy in charge will see it. Otherwise, not so much, he's got his hands full. And we all really appreciate it.

Just a suggestion folks.

The count thread.
More people may be interested if the info was all in one locked post/sticky with instructions on what's needed to sign up and what the current status is.

Most pertinent information is in the original post on each thread. But, please feel free to commend on what you would like to see specifically via post or pm.

Just a suggestion folks.

The count thread.
Let me explain.
No, there is too much.
Let me sum up...
The 2020 Forum Knife is a Viper Swayback sold through Collector knives.
It will have a Wharncliffe blade of M390 and Rams Horn handle covers.
We need to get 300 spoken for before we can move forward.
The price will be roughly $120 shipped CONUS

Nice job on the knife design everyone. It looks great.

I think one for me and one for my Father ought to do nicely.

Very cool...

Thanks Mike.
Looks good.

Let me explain.
No, there is too much.
Let me sum up...
The 2020 Forum Knife is a Viper Swayback sold through Collector knives.
It will have a Wharncliffe blade of M390 and Rams Horn handle covers.
We need to get 300 spoken for before we can move forward.
The price will be roughly $120 shipped CONUS

Sticky it?
Really not doing any good buried here on page 66

Back