The unofficial, non binding, carries no weight, 2021 forum knife possibility discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope I qualify.

Of course you do! Old Hands is not a time thing but a QUALITY thing :cool: You're a Knife Connoisseur, that overrides every other imagined criteria.

Yeah, but now Stag's officially off the menu, let's hope the Staglon is as well :D:eek: it would take some polishing as in :poop: ;)

Did someone say Spam?

full

Oh no....the nuanced horror of various National Cuisines leads to a Fear Factor situation..;) BARF! That stuff is so repellent and the SMELL and texture of that pinky piggy foulings :eek: It won't patina the knife either ;) more likely traumatise it :D Why can't other canned meats be shown? Corned Beef is excellent :thumbsup: Mind you, Sabre grind has to have some (minor) victories in its woeful arsenal :D

As for 'oddities' in National Cuisines, try a search engine for what we've just gorged at Easter- Mämmi :D tastes good with thick cream and sugar but its appearance. er....:D Least it doesn't smell repulsive;)

I think you'll find that as you age/get older and your plumbing gets a bit more catywompus that your farts will become a bit more moist and not just blow away with the wind. They will hang around you like a green cloud.

My god, so much to look forward to in the autumn of our years :eek: I can't help making a connexion with Spam consumption and wind disturbances...;) Is this Gaslighting?

Well, I haven't posted for awhile due mostly to time constraints lately, but I will go ahead and chime in. As Charlie said in an earlier post, Spark willing, I will handle the distribution of the 2021 BF club knife. Details are not available yet as to purchasing specifics so please be patient while we figure it out. There will likely be different listings for one or two knives, US or international, etc.

As to the knife itself, the 86 is a beauty and I really like the bolster treatment. I think covers should be simple and consistent and so favor bone or wood. Stag is out for international distribution due to the recent and confusing laws concerning some materials including stag and some exotic woods. Smooth Autumn Gold bone or Osage Orange wood are my choices for covers. The blade is a good choice and probably most popular with members, but I would like to see something other than the common crescent nail nick; I'd like to see a French nail nick or perhaps a matchstrike style crescent or long nail nick. Maybe even a cut out nail nick like the Scagel models just to make it stand out from the ordinary. Whatever, I'm inclined to let Charlie and Bill work out the mfg. details and I'm fine with the results and very pleased that the forum knife is a GEC product again this year.

A final note: the secret handshake required to purchase the 2021 BF Club Knife was to be disclosed at the 2021 OKCA Show in April but will now be demonstrated at the next OKCA Show. (not really)
Scagel style cut out nail nick. I like the sound of that. Also, welcome back Barry.

My god, so much to look forward to in the autumn of our years :eek: I can't help making a connexion with Spam consumption and wind disturbances...;) Is this Gaslighting?
Your back will hurt if you cough the wrong way...So you got that to look forward too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back