The Unofficial, Official Blade Show 2018 Thread

We are one month out from Blade show, so it is only appropriate to kick off a thread to discuss who's going, how we can make everyone jealous who isn't, take shots at "Big Deal" and to share the experience with everyone on the forum. Whether you are present or not, there is so much that goes on it is impossible to take it all in during a three day period, so hopefully this thread will be the place to go to live and relive the experience. Here are a few links for reference:

Blade Show: http://bladeshow.com/

Floor Plan: http://bladeshow.com/wp-content/uploads/2018-Floor-Plan-4-1.pdf

Exhibitor List: http://bladeshow.com/show/exhibitor-list/

Tickets: http://bladeshow.com/tickets/

Really looking forward to seeing everyone again that makes the pilgrimage to Atlanta and for anyone coming in from out of town please reach out to us locals for insight and assistance.

A few tips:

1) bring twice as much cash as you think you will need.
2) get the early bird ticket for Friday and be there no later than 8 am.
3) bring a chair to sit in the early bird line.
4) bring a backpack.
5) bring any items you may want to part with. there is always side wheeling and dealing going on at Blade and you may be able to make some funds/trades for other things you want.
6) bring lots of dollar bills so that you can shake Big Deal Bob's hand as many times as possible in the Pit. He doesn't just do that sh*t for free. Even Ethan Becker had to give him 2 bits and let him hold his original Kephart.

Without further ado, roll call, who's coming?

Last edited:
Trying to figure out if I have the time and money to do it. I have a family event on that Sat. in Birmingham, AL which is a reasonable drive but also money has been tight last few weeks. I would love to go but looking like I won't be going this year if I have any luck I might end up going on Sun. but not sure it will be worth it.

Trying to figure out if I have the time and money to do it. I have a family event on that Sat. in Birmingham, AL which is a reasonable drive but also money has been tight last few weeks. I would love to go but looking like I won't be going this year if I have any luck I might end up going on Sun. but not sure it will be worth it.

Just so you can plan you weekend accordingly, it would not be worth your time to come on just Sunday. Most everything is sold and visitors and exhibitors alike are spending most of the day packing up and heading out. If you are someone that doesn't require a lot of sleep, it would be worthwhile to come on Friday and spend the evening in the Pit to meet and catch up with folks.

Main reason to consider is I have Family that lives in GA as well a HS friend I would be driving regardless as I live in Nashville, TN area so it isn't terribly out of the way. I do hear you and that is main reason I have also considered a Fri. and Sun. with Sat. in Birmingham but that is a fair bit of travel.

omg I have to add Post 9 to my "Things to crack you up when you're having a crappy day" bookmarks

Anyway, back to topic. I'm shooting to be there Friday, Saturday and hotel checkout is Sunday so I'll be playing Sunday by ear for additional Blade time or heading home time.

This being the first year in 10 that I have enough flexibility in my peak season work schedule to getaway during the summer. So I am pleased to announce that I will be making the journey to blade show at the end of the month! (Thank goodness for extra staffing..we have nearly doubled our worldwide techs this year which has allowed me a little more liberty with my free time) looking forward to it like a kid anticipates Christmas.

Seriously? Pay extra to get in early and still have to sit in line four+ hours? There are really that many early birds? I thought there was a limited number of these tickets.

I think the early bird tickets have been sold our for a while now, I don't see them offered on the ticket page anymore.

Seriously? Pay extra to get in early and still have to sit in line four+ hours? There are really that many early birds? I thought there was a limited number of these tickets.

Don't be fooled by the suggestion to be in line by 8 AM. The real Blade Show Warriors will be in line at O' Dark Thirty in the very early AM. Last year we stumbled into line at 3 AM. In addition to a folding chair bring a thermos of coffee ! The VIP line will get longer and longer leading up to the show opening. It's quite the experience !

Here's the opening day schedule. We're at Booth #648 and Fiddleback Forge is at Table 4E...

FRIDAY, JUNE 1
BLADE Show – Day One

10:00AM – Registration opens
12:00PM – EARLY BIRD ENTRY ONLY (Limited Tickets Available!)
1:00PM – VIP passholders ONLY
2:00PM – Show opens to the public
7:00PM – Show closes Day One

If you are planning on going and did not already by an Early Bird ticket...let me know. I have several VIP Passes available that get you in all weekend for only $20 at the door. VIP Passes also get you in 1 hour earlier on Friday before they let in the gen-pop.

My son and I are going. First time. I'd be interested in the VIP passes if they're still available!

A few tips:

1) bring twice as much cash as you think you will need.
2) get the early bird ticket for Friday and be there no later than 8 am.
3) bring a chair to sit in the early bird line.
4) bring a backpack.
5) bring any items you may want to part with. there is always side wheeling and dealing going on at Blade and you may be able to make some funds/trades for other things you want.

Anyone care to shed some light on the rules, restrictions, protocol for bringing knives into the venue? How has it worked in the past?

Incidentally, this question was posed on the IG live video that @whitty did a couple nights ago. It sounded to me like there are new or different rules this year, but I can’t imagine not being able to carry multiple knives into the show, especially if they’re intended for trading or presenting to a manufacturer for technical assistance/questions and whatnot. Just doesn’t make sense?

"Concealed carry is prohibited at Cobb Galleria. Under no circumstances will guns be allowed in the Cobb Galleria under their no weapons policy. Knives are only allowed in if an attendee will be showing it to an exhibitor, and you must disclose that information up front. No weapons may be carried in concealed."
http://bladeshow.com/info/faq

Seems like some nonsense. In my 9 or 10 years of attending(as a patron and exhibitor)Ive never stopped and read the rules so I'm not sure if this is new or not.

That being said....Imma have a couple on me

Back