The Venerable FBC

Pàdruig

Reap What You Sow
Platinum Member
I thought that I would take a moment to record yet another fine example of the great people who reside here on the Porch. These stories tend to be fairly regular but they never grow tiresome as they demonstrate that this particular sub-forum is comprised of the very best.

Last month I was contacted by none other than flatblackcapo flatblackcapo . Knowing that I was in the market for a lambsfoot knife, he offered me a choice of a couple that he had at a very reasonable price. However, as I had already blown my monthly knife budget that month (something I am doing with some regularity these days), I had to respectfully decline until the new month arrived. Kevin graciously understood and said it was mine if he still had it come July.

July came about and I contacted him to see if he still had it. To my delight, he did indeed but to my dismay, he informed me that he was having some problems with the knife and wanted to tinker with it, maybe flush it out before he sent it my way. After some effort on his part, he informed me that he wasn't comfortable selling me a knife that he deemed problematic but that he would like to send me something anyway.

Though initially disappointed, I was very impressed with Kevin's integrity. These days it is a trait that is in short supply and I take note of it when I see it. Not knowing what he was sending me or when it would arrive, I was surprised by a package when I came home from work.

To my utter astonishment and delight, the package contained an A. Wright lambsfoot, but not just any lambsfoot knife, it was Rosie! The lambsfoot we have all come to know, or at least to those of us who frequent the threads where she is displayed regularly.

This was an absolute surprise and I cannot thank Kevin enough. In these days where goodness can be a moving target, this whole experience goes to show that there are still amazing people out there and Kevin is one of the finest.

Now that my long windedness is out of the way, time for some pictures!!!

VOfIc9f.jpg

KvwlbIU.jpg

S3TreyM.jpg

Thanks for sharing this story, Dylan! :thumbsup: Congrats on receiving a lovely lambsfoot! :cool::thumbsup: I've always admired Rosie immensely.

FBC, that seems like a very generous thing to do!! Inspirational to me that you'd be willing to part with a knife that you seemed very fond of. I think you're to be commended for your part in this tale! :thumbsup::D:cool::thumbsup:

- GT

Back