The Woman's knife

Just something that I got a kick out of and thought this would be the perfect place to share it.

I'm sitting at the kitchen table with my Grandfather and just shootin' the... (ahem) breeze. I pick up an apple and I take out my case peanut. My Grandfather asks, "Who's knife is that? You're girlfriend's?" A little puzzled, I reply, "What do you mean? It's my knife." He says, with a grin, "Oh, the little thing looks like a woman's knife." :D

Haha. Sounds like something my grandad would say if he were still with us. He was one of those "Heartbreak Ridge" types.

I got a good chuckle from that one! Your Grandfather sounds like a fun guy :)

Was it the one with the "Lady Case" blade etch?? ;)

97717_zps17d4a8ac.jpg

I can't imagine mine taking a knife like that seriously. His idea of the perfect knife was an extra large CASE stockman that he carried for about 20 years or so.

Robert

I'd say going back 5 or six years,I was more into smaller folders. I mostly carry customs,so my main concern was if I whipped out a large folder in the wrong place,wrong time,I could possibly run into LEO problems.I used to think to myself,man,I'd hate to have this knife confiscated.
As time went on to now,I realized that would probably never happen.I started getting back into larger folders. 4" was tops IMO,but now I even like slightly over 4",with 4.5" being a great feeling knife,but just a bit too large for my carry. So 4" to 4.25" it is for me and I have a 3.5" folder I now consider my "small knife"
I can see how old timers of days ago could get a kick out of a small knife,for use it's not so practical.
On another thought that goes with this....there are way more tiny antique knives around,in good condition,near un used,than the bigger ones.

Last edited:
I got a good chuckle from that one! Your Grandfather sounds like a fun guy :)

Yeah he is. He jokes around about everything. You learn, pretty quickly, to just roll with the punches and give it right back to him. When we're together, we'll drive everyone else insane, but we always have a good time with each other.

Yeah he is. He jokes around about everything. You learn, pretty quickly, to just roll with the punches and give it right back to him. When we're together, we'll drive everyone else insane, but we always have a good time with each other.

This is my entire Dad's side of the family; I love it :thumbup:

Curtis, that sounds pretty familiar to me. My grandfather was pretty quick with the quips and jibes, and expected like in return. Thanx for sharing, you put a smile on my face :)

What?!

Peanut a womans knife!!??

Well looking at my peanut...where did I lay it... I coulda sworn I left it right here in my purse!
:D

Carl.

I knew there was a reason I let that Schrade 212 (peanut) sit in my knife box :D

Back