THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF WHARNCLIFFE’S MIRABLE, ALDRICH, GRAY, SPYDERCO

Joe....Great Video....Great collection !
Thanks for taking the time...

Very cool, especially that Mirable.

I've been enjoying carrying this R. Bruzek "city knife", either clipped in the pocket or on the waistband-
nx0KKSB.jpg
SLqw2EW.jpg

05yPUa0.jpg

Funny how your taste changes and the ultimate utility knife can double as a very effective tool for other things
Where can I find more info on the Velcro retention system? Does it come with the sheath, or is it added to an existing sheath?

Any Kydex sheath or leather sheath with holes if it has enough retention can be rigged this way

Here's a nice video by Joe and the second comment down has Joe's response with links to Amazon for the velcro and fasteners.

2:15 shows more details about the sheath and using it.

It's the best way to carry I've ever tried.

Mitch

Last edited:
I got inspired by this thread and had a scrap of 3V steel the right size, so this is my humble addition.
3/16" thick with a high flat grind. Heat treat by Peters' to 60 HRC.
The scales are lightning strike CF.
Final bevel at 18 degrees, 1500 grit on a WE.
(very sharp)
I expect to have a kydex sheath made and try Joe's velcro carry.
bqqQ95U.jpg

fQqoq2l.jpg

Nice, I'm currently in the process of building someone a wharncliffe.

Personally for my own taste I'd got with less weight. But the customer wants a heavier knife. So no tapering the tang on this one.

ZSH7YAv.jpg

This thread makes me regret selling my Hinderer FXM...that knife had a lot going for it. But, I am looking forward to picking up either a spyderco para wharnie or the canis shortly.

This thread makes me regret selling my Hinderer FXM...that knife had a lot going for it. But, I am looking forward to picking up either a spyderco para wharnie or the canis shortly.

While I prefer fixed blades I really like the Yojimbo and the Canis but if if I had to choose I might choose the yojimbo

Last edited:
Hi @joe,
sorry for jumping in and mixing themes in this thread. But, your last comments make me think about the different blade angles in you intire wharnnie collection. Did you give it some thoughts and if so what is the more appropriate one for your uses? (Maybe it deserves another thread.) Thank you for your contribuition for this community.

Hi @joe,
sorry for jumping in and mixing themes in this thread. But, your last comments make me think about the different blade angles in you intire wharnnie collection. Did you give it some thoughts and if so what is the more appropriate one for your uses? (Maybe it deserves another thread.) Thank you for your contribuition for this community.

Thank you for the kind words

The Yojimbo has the thinnest edge but is also the frailest

All the customs are great knives but this cable piece is my current edc

It does everything from opening mail to cutting up tarps

It’s cable and takes a good edge

Last edited:
Back