There can be only one

OK Gruntmedik that works both ways.
What is yours ?

That was kinda my point for this thread.

While I'm not really new to Spyderco, I just viewed them as a handy knife to have in my rotation. I've not really been into the different steel types, and frankly am clueless as to what is the pecking order of steel from good to great. Just never really gave it much thought.

I currently have Endura's VG10, Delica's VG10 and AUS 8, Rescue's ATS 55, Cricket VG10, SPOT AUS 8, Tasman 2 H1, PM2 S30V, PM3 LW CTS BD1N, Manix 2 S30V, Dragonfly VG10, Salsa AUS 8, Meerkat AUS 6.

Out of the Spyderco's that I own, I'd probably just go with my PM2 w/ S30V.

A close 2nd would be my plain jane Endura w/ VG10.

Reactions: vba
My choice will still be working, have it's tip, and not be snapped in half like the rest of yours. :D
sGRV79X.jpg

If i could invent one it would be a tenacious with a black coated blade in a much better steel like s90v and dark red g10 scales

I love the tenacious even though its a cheap knife.
I do have a pm2 in s110v in the mail to me right now though . Hoping i like the blue

GB2. It checks the most boxes. If it had a compression lock it would be perfect.

GB3?

Reactions: rpn
One Spyderco!? What kind of dystopian nightmare is this?

If it had to be just one, probably a Manix 2 in 20CV, 204P, M390, or other super steel in some custom contoured G-10 grips. PM2 in the same is a close runner up.

I would also be happy with a Caribbean Leaf or Spydiechef.

Right now, it would be my native 5 s35vn frn. Not exotic or flashy, but it's been my work knife for a year or two now and has never failed me, and has served exceedingly well. How could I forsake it?

I could take some of you cats seriously if the knife you reference didn’t have the factory grind on it and looked like you had used it before.

I’ll throw down for my M390 pm2 that’s sporting carbon fiber scales but I would be just as happy with my CTS-204p version as well.

I'm going to go with my Sheepsfoot Caribbean. Handles the salt, and everything else I could throw at it. If you said only one knife at all though, then I gotta go with my roadie since its the one that I can carry all day everyday. Just have to give it more TLC in that case.

Roadie +25-50% in size (but not blade thickness) and LC200n? ohhhh that could be a winner.

If blade length laws didn't exist, a millie. Since they do, native 5. Native 5 salt is even better, though a different handle color would be a must.

Love that PO, it is my next Omega.

Some really nice stuff in the pocket and on the wrist, that's for sure

Thanks guys! The PO is certainly a great watch. It's a bit thick on the wrist, but you get used to it quickly. The Swisstool and Aviator have been my constant companions for a good few years now. After having the usefulness of that red secondary beam on the Aviator it's just something I can't live without now in a carry light.

Back