Off Topic There shall in that time be rumors of things going astray....

and there shall be a great confusion as to where things really are...
and nobody will really know where lieth those little things with the sort of...

So anyway.... I had this one bladed knife. Not nine blades blades did it have, nor seven nor five nor two. It was my EDC, and it looked like this:

mZknXHf.jpg

But shortly after I took this picture, which was back in August, there arose a great confusion over where it really was, and no one really knew where I had mislaid it.

But lo! On the first day of the new year, while I and Mrs. Texican were enjoying lunch from Johnny's Po-Boys in New Orleans, my mother-in-law, who was housesitting and never passes up an opportunity to work in a garden, found the knife lying in the mud buried under a pile of leaves.

I felt like this guy could have been talking to me:

It was a little gritty and hard to open, but after I loosened a screw, rinsed it out, and applied a little mineral oil, good as new. Or pretty close, anyway. Just a little smudge on the butterfly:

No7qdMj.jpg

I'm pretty impressed with how little damage three months in the mud did. I'm looking forward to the day when I'll have a chance to see how well a Busse folder would hold up under similar conditions.

Wait. You were in New Orleans?! And I wasn’t notified.... for shame!!!

Niner Ait Fif Too Wun Fif. too Too sixer Niner.

I better get a text any of you hogs in the area.

My brother lost a BG Park Ranger I got him while we were on our first hike of my farm (April 2018). We looked and looked and could not find it. I'm hoping to stumble across it one day and see what has become of it. I fear it won't be pretty.

Congrats on finding your EDC. I "lost" a SAR 3 once only to find it months later in my work bag. How it got there I have no idea but I was so freakin' happy to see it. Top 10 life experience finding that knife - at least it felt that way in the moment. :)

Hammond, right between them both.
Come on down next time!!!!

Gravel - I moved from Mandeville to NOLA this summer...did not want to leave the North Shore, although the Causeway was just too much with work and school!

C

Back