There was this penknife...

Jackknife. Very nice story and would make a great part of a book of short stories to read to children at night. Thanks for sharing it with us.

I've been story telling to two generations of children so far. My kids and now grandkids have went to bed many a night with me telling them a bedtime story. Who knows, maybe I'll write a childrens book. Great idea stockdog! Thank you.

Now if you're all good boys and girls, when holloween gets here I'll tell you the story of the trapper who wasn't there.:eek::D

Jackknife, I think the way you tell of the simple traditional knife relates the way our parents, grandparents and grate grandparents grew up in a different time and really feel this needs to be passed on. Prior to my grandparents passing I would look and think of what is was like to have all the changes come into their life electricity, indoor plumbing, telephone, automobiles, world wars, aircraft, man on the moon, microwave, and computers etc. Then look at people today and with the exception of the dot com and cell phones they have it all when the were born. Thanks and keep them stories going.

Jack Black

Seize the Lambsfoot! Seize the Day!
Platinum Member
There's lots of great stories and threads here, not always neccesary to resurrect them though, even the best ones :)

Peregrin

Traditional Forum Moderator
Gold Member
There's lots of great stories and threads here, not always neccesary to resurrect them though, even the best ones :)

Thanks Jack.
There is a guideline regarding this, as you know. Here's the text from that guideline, for those that haven't seen it;
Thread "necromancy" is frowned upon. Please do not resurrect dormant threads simply to say "nice knife" or the like.
If you have something substantive to add to the discussion then by all means do so, otherwise move on and let sleeping dogs lie.

Frank and I would appreciate it if our newer members would take the time to read the guidelines posted at the top of the forum page. Saves wear and tear on my keyboard. :)