Thin Stag!! Remember That Forum Knife Last Year?? (2018)

waynorth

Dealer / Materials Provider
I posted that Buck returned one of the two Forum knives I ordered last year. Then I laid the knife aside, to scan later, and promptly buried it under a bunch of paperwork.:rolleyes:
They did a great job of bestowing the missing snap on the secondary blade (Way to go, Buck!!), but I thought this knife should be seen. The Stag has lots of feature for such THIN handles!! Makes for an un-obtrusive knife in the pocket with nice Stag, and exotic steel!!
A great deal in today's market, considering what we paid!! Thanks again to Steve, Buck, and all who participated to make it happen!!
Buck repaired 1.jpg Buck repaired 2.jpg Buck repaired 3.jpg

Very true:thumbsup:

Slim yet grippy enough, I've been well pleased with mine, in fact that and the 2014 Forum Knife are my favourites:cool: The Antler School Rules :D

P.S. LOVE that Greenstone too:cool:

Hard to beat well-installed Stag; I agree, Will!!
The stone is B.C. Jade - a particularly nicely colored piece, if I do say so!!

Great pics Charlie.
Now I really like the look of those slabs...however...I feel others may not agree and say uuurg it looks dirty.
To me that sums up exactly what Stags are all about.
The Stags I have seen are engaged mainly in eating, rutting their way through a herd of females, roaring,bellowing and wallowing in homemade bogs of their own urine and poo and bashing into each other...in short they are not clean.
Their antlers reflect the season - fresh and new and popcorny....sure it looks great...but by the end of the season it will be worn smooth and white ,sharpened up points and ground in dirt.
cheers

I love the looks of stag, but I *hate* overly chunky scales.

That knife looks like a winner!

Great pics Charlie.
Now I really like the look of those slabs...however...I feel others may not agree and say uuurg it looks dirty.
To me that sums up exactly what Stags are all about.
The Stags I have seen are engaged mainly in eating, rutting their way through a herd of females, roaring,bellowing and wallowing in homemade bogs of their own urine and poo and bashing into each other...in short they are not clean.
Their antlers reflect the season - fresh and new and popcorny....sure it looks great...but by the end of the season it will be worn smooth and white ,sharpened up points and ground in dirt.
cheers
I have not observed these activities, of which you speak, Meako!!:rolleyes:
It's amazing they can make a crisp, clean knife out of that stuff!!:oops:
If anybody sees me gazing at my Stag knives in wonder, you might assume I am imagining rutting bellowing, pooping Stags!!:eek::mad::poop::(:p:confused:
I am glad my friends don't act like that!! (at least not while I am watching!!)
:D

Charlie, I think Meako may things a bit mixed up- he was in fact describing the Australian Male - they like to call themselves Stag and this is their mating ritual- this activity Meako describes is often seen in the downtown areas of the Cities in Australia on Friday and Saturday nights, this of doesn't say much for the Australian Females because they love it - but is understandable as they are still half feral.
We Love 'em though - those Aussies.

Stag when thin on a Knife is so so nice!

That's awesome Dunc....but how come you know so much about it;)?
Im driving a stag do round the Wollongong craft breweries tomorrow...I shall keep a wary eye out for any such naughtiness.

The two 18s that I received are most impressive...I still maintain that I haven't seen one I havent liked.

Last edited:
That's awesome Dunc....but how come you know so much about it;)?
Im driving a stag do round the Wollongong craft breweries tomorrow...I shall keep a wary eye out for any such naughtiness.
I will never believe they can scratch the very end of their back with the antler's tip, still I'm curious to see a picture of it! :eek: :D

Thin panel Antler is great, I like the thick slabs too, provided that the thickness more or less matches on each side, this is the main thing.

Here are my two Forum Knife favourites. Really very different from each other pattern, steel, number of blades etc but they both get frequently used and carried. Both work well in the hand and that's vital for me, both have antler but different 'breeds' none of that mucky rutting stuff on mine, at least I don't think so :D;)

tgwKeh6.jpg

Last edited:
Ill never forget Fes and his pic of that doorway made of a piled up mountain of antlers...@Campbellclanman

^ Maeko my friend- Fes has actually done some pretty cool projects- he is a Builder and from conversations and a few photos he a talented lad, He has a lifestyle that would be then envy of some, in turn others would hate.
When he hunts- its the most respectable way a man can be- the shot is a thoughtful one a clean kill, the meat goes a long way and is shared out to friends - and this is returned, work didnt come full time where he lived- so he is a man of means - pretty interesting!

Hey thanks Dunc.
I miss the guy on here...we had a good craic.
Swapped a couple of knives....
Hope he is well.
Do you keep in contact?
If so say gday from me.....in a nasally aussie whining voice:thumbsup::D

Bruce Bump made the feather damascus in this blade, and made the knife for me with nice, gnarly-looking but not-too-thick stag handles. They taper perfectly to form a swell-end grip;
One of the nicest customs I own!! He even put an Empire shield on it to remind me of the Empire knives I have collected (and continue to collect!!) 3 3/4" Curved Jack!!
Bruce Bump A.jpg Bruce Bump B.jpg Bruce Bump C.jpg

Back