1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Think this one got ignored...

Discussion in 'DPx Hostile Environment Survival Tools' started by kfgk14, Jan 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kfgk14

kfgk14

Jun 18, 2010
    [​IMG]

Random baseless speculation: go!

Me, I got money on that dagger being completely sweet. I say they ought take a 6.5" blade (think slightly longer than an ESEE RC6 but the same handle, spearpoint blade, no choil) with the bottle opener and wire thing from the HEST :cool: then sharpen the swedge about 3/4 of the way back, not completely, so as to maintain the function of the bottle opener and the end-user's ability to choke up on the blade.

2. kfgk14

kfgk14

Jun 18, 2010
  3. RYP

RYP

Jul 11, 2009
    The dagger is a fun project with the prospect of a folder also being the end result.

4. skinz0021

skinz0021

Jul 18, 2007
    Really impressed with everything you are considering. Just looks like I'm going to remain broke.

5. RYP

RYP

Jul 11, 2009
    We are going to keep these within the sane zone on pricing.

6. B Griffin

B Griffin Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 22, 2007
    Having friends who were Rangers and Green Berets who were/are fond of the M-3 T.K./M-7 Bayonet blade design I can see how a dagger definitely has it's place in a hostile environment.

7. RYP

RYP

Jul 11, 2009
    Its a big responsibility to design a knife that is specifically designed to dispatch bad people at combatives distance. It has other features that are unique to the military application.

8. 333rm

333rm

Oct 17, 2009
    I can't wait! Crap, I'm really gonna have a lot new blades to pick up this year. I can't wait to see the HEFT Dagger and Utility Knife. Keep em' coming Pelton!

9. B Griffin

B Griffin Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 22, 2007
    Yep, I have a friend who makes awesome knives, and awesome tactical knives. He will not make a double edged knife for anyone who doesn't have a military ID and a combat MOS. Something he decided after another maker's misfortune.

10. caine

caine

Nov 9, 2003
    Id buy 1 or 3 of them

11. Expatriated

Expatriated

Jan 19, 2004
    Robert, for the limited edition of these things, I want a matched set in a red velvet-lined, mahogany box. Mr. DP carved into the top of the lid. Then, filled in with elephant ivory, ebony wood and jade for the white, black and green colors. Matching Mr. DP's on the ivory handles. For the handles, use emeralds instead of jade.

They'll be my dueling knives. To settle disputes and defend the honor of offended maidens after a gentlemanly fashion.

Thanks.

12. RYP

RYP

Jul 11, 2009
    your pimp hand is strong brother. :))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.