Thinking about getting a Fulcrum II

good question. I've been thinking about getting one for a while now too. Maybe someone can give us a push in the right direction.

They're very sturdy, bulletproof folders and well made. The cutting efficiency isn't the best, but it's the best there is for a flat saber-ground folder that's .23" thick.

OTOH, Frank's working on some great stuff under his Dark Ops line and it may well blow away the current ER offerings.

armsraised said:
good question. I've been thinking about getting one for a while now too. Maybe someone can give us a push in the right direction.

How about this:
Extrema-1.jpg

Extrema-2.jpg

ExtremaT2000M-2.jpg

If you appreciate a solid blade, the ER Fulcrum will not dissappoint.

I have a IID and like it alot. It definetly is not the best slicer but it wasn't built for that. I have noticed that the N690 steel doesn't have a toothy edge at all at a very high polish and the edge geometry doesn't help either. I leave the edge at about a 600 finish to help with this.

The handle is alot more comfortable than it looks too. I don't care for there lawyerized bull crap warranty though, in my opinion if you build a knife like this and want to compete with the Big boys in this category i.e. Strider have a warranty just like theres that way people will actually use the knives just because they have peace of mind that it's covered regardless. Most people from what I've experienced on this forum and others don't abuse there knives even if they are covered under the company's warranty. I'm sure when frank was the US distributor we didn't have to worry about it anyway I just like to know FOR SURE that an idiot such as myself won't have any problems with his knife.

Those are just my thoughts. I bought my ER knowing this and after using it I would have to do something really bad to damage or break this knife, but being the second owner it really doesn't matter anyway because the warranty only covered the original purchaser.

Frank I hope you are listening on this warranty rant of mine because I made the choice to only purchase knives that are unconditionally guarranteed just in case I want to shove my head up my ass and do something really stupid with it.

This may be of some concern to you or it may not, I know I thought about it before I bought one of there knives. And if for some reason some does manage to damage or destroy one of these knives I've gotta see it, these things are tough.

TIR

Warranty issues now could be very interesting. In the past the USA warranty validation and issues were completely performed by me. It was taken care of by me and at my expense. Now, with the new situation in place, I can only guess at the experience the USA customers may have.

Offical introduction will be at the 2004 Blade Show in Atlanta. I will start my new forum when I have pics and have started the press releases. Probably my month end.

Frank,

Thank you for updating us about the warranty situation -- I truly hope that this will work out to the best, despite my blades being decidedly "light" users, if at all. In the past, my trepidation of and worry for the warranty concerns of the ER knives were laid to rest due to your handling of this end of the equation, it looks like now that your relationship with ER has been severed, this issue may again sadly creep to the forefront.

Regardless, I hope to see you at Blade this summer !

:)

Allen
aka DumboRAT

Back