thinking at ordering a Randall

I am looking into ordering a Randall Knife Model 5 camp and trail six inch knife. The add ons are a nickel silver hilt, Black Miacarta handle, Wrist Throng, compass, and duralumin crows beak butt cap if it works with the other options or sawteeth if the butt cap doesn't work. I might use the knife some, but likely just added to my collection. My concern is other models seem more popular like the model #1 and #12. Since this is mostly for collection should I get the #1 or #12. Also, please comment the add on features I am planning on the model #5.
Thank you all.

the model 5 is a very popular knife as well, yes people love those model 1, but you should buy the one you really like and when you want to sell your money will still be there.

I agree order what you want. AFAIK tge crows beak pommel and compass will not go together.

Bradford Angier had a similar knife to the one you are orderIng. I ordered one and had it engraved “The Bradford Angier”

Model 5-6
Black Micarta
Squared single nickel silver hilt
Compass
Wrist thong.

If you order it like his it will be an iconic knife in its own way.

General Westmoreland also carried a model 5.

Last edited:
The 5-6 is a great all round knife, a "jack of all trades and master of most".
I much prefer the 5-6 over say the 1-7 which is more of a specialized use type of knife.
Don't get my wrong, I use my 1-7 as well, just the 5-6 is a better size for my Tinkerbelle hands!

Here are a few of my 5-6's.
"Bradford Angier" type with 01 Tool Steel, Nickle silver guard(Round top as opposed to Square top), Black linen Micarta, lanyard hole, and a compass in the pommel.
yYOuznwh.jpg

My user 5-6.
Stainless blade, Brass guard, Black linen Micarta and lanyard hole, no compass.
About as "all weather" as you can get.
I don't use the leather sheaths as I make my own from webbing belt.
KY6kgqbh.jpg

The 5-6 is one of the best looking Randall’s made. I have a 5-4 but it’s not as well balanced as my 7-4 1/2”.

Back