This 12" AK Can Be Useful After All

Earlier today I was looking for a way to kill time while bleaching my teeth, so I decided to work on the fenceline some. In the past I've cleared it only to have a bunch of new saplings spring up again. I was considering with khuk to use when I decided to put my horn handled 12" AK to the task. I had won it in a charity auction a few years back and before now had only done a little work with it (mostly to see what it'd do).

The saplings ranged from 1/8" to 3/4", which made them easy work for the 12" AK. It was easier to control (read: keep it out of the rocky ground as much as possible) than my larger khuks. Placing my thumb and forefinger around the bolster made for a surprisingly comfortable grip. I chopped down two to three dozen saplings with relative ease. Afterwards there were a few dings in the edge near the tip which I sharpened out.

I have new respect for my 12" AK. The larger khuks are very useful, but the small ones have their place as well.

Bob

I have an especially thick spined 12" AK I call the "Graf Spee" after the WWII Pocket Battleship, for what should be obvious reasons.

i use the same grip on the bolster that you were talking about when i use my 12" AK. it's usually my preferred khukri when i'm going hiking.

tho i'm starting to get attached to my beautiful BAS.

BAS1.jpg

BAS2.jpg

BAS3.jpg

Bob?

Welcome to the club. Pappy, Sarge, Rusty and I were the most vocal cheering section for the 12 inch AKs not all that long ago.

I still think it is the most utilitarian of the khuks unless you are a wood chopper like Munk, or one of them hired assassin types like the rest of the Cantina. :D

Controlled cutting, and baton use make it a remarkable edged tool.

Kis
Enjoy every sandwich

I still think it is the most utilitarian of the khuks unless you are a wood chopper like Munk, or one of them hired assassin types like the rest of the Cantina. Kismet

I don't know Kis, I'm partial to the 15" for assasinations! :)

Ooops, I thought you were talking about assignations! :footinmou

Back