This is a thread to celibrate all things Fallkniven.

I've been here for a while and one thing has always been constant.Prais for Fallkniven's quality and workmanship.From the F1 to the A2 wilderness and every fixed and folding knife in between.
Share your experiences with Fallkniven knives.

Jos

My fallkniven collection:
P folder
F1 survival
S1 forest
G1 Garm fighter
WM1 neck knife (2 of them)
MC1 Mine clearance
NL1 Thor
NL5cx damascus Idun
On my "to buy" list are a F1 micarta, and the rest of the NL series.
I like them very much. Only negative point are the new zytel sheaths which I don't like as well as the kydex sheaths. The WM1 is one of the most versatile knife designs I have ever seen. Small, light, handy, cuts very well.

As far as use goes, I personally own and use the A1, S1, F1, H1, WM1, and the white whale all to good effect. I love Fallkniven cutlery.

My fallkniven collection:
P folder
F1 survival
S1 forest
G1 Garm fighter
WM1 neck knife (2 of them)
MC1 Mine clearance
NL1 Thor
NL5cx damascus Idun
On my "to buy" list are a F1 micarta, and the rest of the NL series.
I like them very much. Only negative point are the new zytel sheaths which I don't like as well as the kydex sheaths. The WM1 is one of the most versatile knife designs I have ever seen. Small, light, handy, cuts very well.

Can the MC1 be use as decent fighting knife or is the blade too long ??? I hesitate beween the MC1 and the A1 !

Jos

Can the MC1 be use as decent fighting knife or is the blade too long ??? I hesitate beween the MC1 and the A1 !

As I have no experience in fighting with knives, I cannot answer that question.

I own one or two of pretty much every model Fällkniven has sold, except for their folding knives. I generally dislike folders, with the exception of proper multitools. So far, haven't ever been disappointed. Fällkniven knives can take a hell of a lot of abuse, they have good edge-retention, great sharpness and above all extremely practical design. There's just nothing tacticool about their blades; no questonable paracord wrappings, no weird camouflage colouring, no impractical blade shapes or awkward serrations.

Of all their knives I like the F1BL the most. It's just the right size and shape. Peter Hjortberger knows how to make a real knife. :) I particularly like the blade tip. It's not overly pointy so as to be prone to breaking, but still pointy enough to do what it needs to do.

I own the NL1, NL2, NL5, A1, A2, Model P, U2, F1 black micarta, S1, H1.

On my list is the TK1, looking forward to it, and the TK3.

Eventually i'll get the other two Northern Lights knives.

Peter is a hell of a guy personally, and his company makes great knives. They really are well designed and stand out in hard use.

Can anybody tell me how the S1 and A1 compare?I have an S! and I'm thinking about the A1.Is there a big difference?

Can anybody tell me how the S1 and A1 compare?I have an S! and I'm thinking about the A1.Is there a big difference?

No, there's not. The A1 is about an inch longer and about 100 grams heavier, but that's about it. If you want something notably bigger than your S1, go with an A2.

Fallkniven is absolutely amazing

FenceThor.jpg

DSCF0039.jpg

DawsonButteThor.jpg

I love this knife and everything fallkniven

Jos

The Fallkniven ceramic/diamond sharpening stones are also very good.

I've only got the A1 but it is one great knife. I'm not much of a fixed blade guy so I only have a few and the A1 is the "go to" blade for me. I've got a few smaller fixed blades for hunting but the A1 is my heavy use knife. Can't recommend it highly enough. :)

No, there's not. The A1 is about an inch longer and about 100 grams heavier, but that's about it. If you want something notably bigger than your S1, go with an A2.

The S1 and A2 would be kinda like the 3/4 ka-bar and the full-sized ka-bar?

I have an A1, NL2, NL4, P1, and a P1 3G.

Fallkniven’s combination of quality design, materials, and manufacturing is superb.

If I wasn’t hooked on customs, Sebenzas, and Busses I’d own quite a few more Fallknivens.

There isn't a big difference, but there is a noticable one. The A1 has a larger handle that fits my mitts better, and it's blade is thicker and wider. All around tougher knife.