1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

This is absolutely beyond my ability....

Discussion in 'Maintenance, Tinkering & Embellishment' started by BenLong1018, Sep 26, 2012.

1. BenLong1018

BenLong1018

Apr 12, 2012
    I need you guys to recommend someone here on the forum that I can send my Tilt to for sharpening for a reasonable price. I've spent a lot of time today trying to get this knife sharp and it's just not working out. The sharpmaker is just extremely limited and I need someone who can free hand sharpen. Thanks guys.

2. rustyshackelford

rustyshackelford

Jun 15, 2009
  3. protourist

protourist Obdurate member Platinum Member

Aug 19, 2007
  4. singularity35

singularity35

Mar 1, 2010
    Plus 1!

5. Brian.Evans

Brian.Evans Registered Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Richard J, 100%. Good guy.

6. BenLong1018

BenLong1018

Apr 12, 2012
    Thank you guys I appreciate it!

7. jimnolimit

jimnolimit

Oct 28, 2009
    have you tried the sharpie marker trick?

have you considered getting another sharpening system? the lansky 3 stone diamond kit will run you about $50 (model# LK3DM). it's basically free hand sharpening with a guided jig.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 26, 2012
  8. Steel130

Steel130 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 17, 2010
    Plus 2!

9. bluntcut

bluntcut KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 28, 2012
    Is it too late for a 3 minutes Hail Mary shot?

if you did created burr for the entire length of the Tilt's blade at medium & then fine ceramic rods before it goes dull, email [email protected]. You can laught (wasted your time & mine ;)) or post whatever result+comments along with my suggestions. I don't have any knife with 9% of Vanadium but I can get cpm-m4(4%V, 5.5%W) & s30v(4%V) quite sharp with ceramic rods.

On other hand, I am sure that a pro-sharpner would certainly will create a great initial edge for you. Much easier to perform on-going maint on a good edge.