This is my CRK Umnumzaan...There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Like CRK, WC shows their support to those who've served and I was able to take advantage of a small military discount. Plus, my local gun shops are great too and eager to negotiate discounts. Some gun shops act like they're doing you a favor by selling you a premium pistol with a marked up price.

Regular price with options would have been close to 3k. Which is still worth the price of admission; again, like CRK, it will retain the majority of its value for life and no matter how many times the pistol changes hands, they're still entitled to the lifetime warranty.
I agree. This WC was my grail 1911, so I spared no expense. I ordered it full custom from the factory all SS with bullet proof parts.

Just ordered my first CRK from Travis. It's an Umnum, too, and the very last I could find anywhere with the original style jimping. Pretty pumped! Hope mine looks as good as yours :wink: :thumbup:

Just ordered my first CRK from Travis. It's an Umnum, too, and the very last I could find anywhere with the original style jimping. Pretty pumped! Hope mine looks as good as yours :wink: :thumbup:

The Umnum is possibly the smoothest opening/closing knife made. It looks super sexy and is extremely well made. My only complaint is the weight.

Not really ready to get rid of mine but willing to go get my first hinderer.

Congrats!

-Hans

Travis is my official go-to guy. How can I tell what style of jimping my Zaan has? It was born in March of this year.

Travis is my official go-to guy. How can I tell what style of jimping my Zaan has? It was born in March of this year.

Yours has the new style jimping. The older style is blockier while the new is closer to the Sebenza.

Yours has the new style jimping.
I think his is the old style actually
Alrighty then...perhaps mine is a combination of both, the super secret hybrid/prototype .:p. Without seeing them side by side, I can't tell exactly what mine is. One of our other members posted a pic of his "old style" jimping in a CRK Jimping thread and to me, mine looks like his. But honestly, I'm too new to CRK's to know for sure.

Alrighty then...perhaps mine is a combination of both, the super secret hybrid/prototype .:p. Without seeing them side by side, I can't tell exactly what mine is. One of our other members posted a pic of his "old style" jimping in a CRK Jimping thread and to me, mine looks like his. But honestly, I'm too new to CRK's to know for sure.

Haha yours is the older style. Mine looks like the ones on the Sebenza, it's newer.

June 2012
photobucket-15218-1344959803431.jpg

Best I could do at the moment, older photo of it. Going on vacation, no CRK's for four or five days :grumpy: Wish me luck :thumbup:

Best I could do at the moment, older photo of it. Going on vacation, no CRK's for four or five days :grumpy: Wish me luck :thumbup:
Thanks RR84, I can definitely see that the serrations are much closer on the new jimping. Have a safe & enjoyable vacation.

Love my Umnums! Have a reg Umnum and a Startac! Doesnt get much better! Well I suppose a WC .45 to go along with them!!

Back