this is so annoying already, fleabay fake

Second listing is down, while the first one is from not out of country.

As a neophyte, can you tell me what makes you suspicious about this one? Aside from the zero feedback on the seller – even for me that would be a red flag.

One week of carry and use from original owner and no box or birthday card? Zero Feedback, it all adds up to very suspicious.

Thanks, I hadn't noticed the box and card missing.

I work retail in a business with a lot of on-line orders, and I've become very sensitive to the little cues that suggest a fake credit card – none of them amount to much on their own, but I can call it with very high accuracy. It's fascinating seeing that same sort of process at work here and learning what other people are looking for.

The original link takes me to a knife that has a $75 buy it now, and has no mention of CR. It does mention it is a $340 knife. Seems as though he may have changed it with the complaints.

Its baaaaack. Now $29.95, with the trademarks airbrushed over. Oh, that makes it OK though.

Larry
Tinkerer

Item number: 321005181804

Wow, that's awesome. A handmade chef's knife that looks a lot like a Sebenza, with an involved story about personal significance to the seller that I still can't quite figure out. Too bad the seller is American and only ships within the USA… :rolleyes:

(… but the really cool thing is that this seller's listed location is only ten miles from Boise, Idaho.)

Back