This is what the Forum is for.

Randy asked me to post this beauty of his for him.
I think it a Tharpe. One of a few made.
Anyone else have an idea?
885.jpg

They laid down some serious money over the years with Schrade having SFO knives, usually nice ones, made in small quantities with their pine cone logo etched, added to a scrimshaw stamp, or as in this case and others, with an antiqued bronze coined shield. Nice!

Michael

This one is a keeper, Larry thanks for posting it, and all the help I still dont know how to post pics. THIS IS WHAT BF IS FOR!!
Randy

Beautiful Randy, some of the nicest stag I've seen:thumbup:. Tharpe's a new one on me as well.

Eric

This one is my rarest ! Not the 1 of 1 knife the other one !
Second Photo is the reverse side of the same two knives.

CopyofIMG_4961.jpg

CopyofIMG_4969.jpg

The world according to Tharpe..wasn't that a Robyn Williams movie?? I have a Mint 160OT Mountain Lion with exactly the same pine cone shield on wood scale. What exactly is Tharpe? My 160OT is depicted on pages 9 & 10 of 15 on my Corner on Larry's site if anyone is interested and can tell me what it all means. Thanks & Hoo Roo.

I knew I'd seen the pine cone somewhere :)
Rusty, Thanks for the link. Interesting business Tharpe.
Tim.. Great shots.

Thanks Rusty. If you are in the recognition business, you need an attractive logo (and Knife!!!)

Going by the Stockman above, Tharpe certainly knew what they was looking for in a classic knife.

Rusty1

Nice detective work Rusty1!
Tim, those are excellent! I noticed even the pins are worked:eek::D

Eric

Thanks Eric, found the info fairly quick,, wish sometimes other researching would come up trumps as quick.

Rusty1

Took me a while to take pics, but here's mine. (Trying to improve my picture taking, and a couple of hours earlier without the flash they would have been even better... :grumpy:)

Anyway, bought this new sometime in 1988 or maybe 1989-90? My memory is going... Been sitting in the safe all this time. Had a stag-like one in jigged Delrin but I sold it at the time and bought this one instead:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Only other Schrades I have are a small 3 bladed Old Timer in pretty bad shape my late Father-in-Law left me, and a NIB Imperial Schrade M7S survival knife from 1993. I figured you guys would appreciate this one. :D

Norm

Attachments

• Schrade Stag LB-7.jpg
    Schrade Stag LB-7.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 121
  • Schrade Stag LB-7 spine.jpg
    Schrade Stag LB-7 spine.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 120
  • Shrade Stag LB-7 sheath.jpg
    Shrade Stag LB-7 sheath.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 120
I was going through some knives this afternoon. I have two 33OT. Both NIB. One in the Tan/Black box, the other an older Brown Box with the felt covered liner.

33OT-2.jpg

Noticed some variations. Initially, the older one with a SCHRADE/NY USA from the Brown Box, does not have a cutout for the pen blade. Also noticed different sized nicks, which is common. I also noticed the clip blade on the older one was 1/16" longer. 2 9/16" vs 2 1/2"

So I pulled out a couple of 34OT's for comparison, a SCHRADE NY and a SCHRADE Walden, they were both the same longer length.

33OT-34OTx4.jpg

The SCHRADE Walden is a sweet one. It has milled liners. I'm not sure what that kind of back spring is termed ??? When I bought it, it wasn't advertised as such. A nice bonus.

33-34_milled.jpg

Imperial-Schrade knives from the Parker 13 Colonies set

A37%20213.jpg

Parker Bison (Schrade made 1978) and the stag canoe was English made by Rodgers-Wostenholm during the time Schrade owned it (Not USA made so does that count for this forum?)
DSCN8962.JPG

Couple of oldies
A37%20066.jpg

Back