This Knife Will Get Charlie Mike Into Blade Magazine - You Have To See This

If I can get it in!! :)

Check out this amazing masterpiece that I simply cannot get out of my hands. Built by BladeForum's own Charlie Mike Freeman.

We'll start out nice & easy with the sheath, so you don't get too excited. But it is all by itself; a work of art.

Next is the Flat side of the Chisel Grind, because you cannot yet handle the those sweet grinds.

And now here it is. The masterpiece in it's full glory. I am not kidding, when I say; it is the most beautiful blade I have ever put in my hand. (And I own 4 other customs)

When Charlie Mike asks you for the measurement of your hand. He is not f^cking around. He makes it perfect.

I just sit here and stare at it.. Not believing how perfect it is in everyway. I simply can't believe it..

And here is your parting shot. Lord.. The detail..

These pictures really do this piece no justice. It is far more beautiful in real life with your own eyes and with it sitting in your own hand. All I can tell you, is you had better pick up phone and call Charlie Mike right now before his lead time is 12 to 24 months. (yes you will have to wade thru all the number pressing and options and hopefully talk to his assistant) But it is oh so worth it.

Thank You So Much Charlie Mike For My New Favorite Blade! I Absolutely Love This Thing!!!

Last edited:
Very nice blade very nice hope you and yours get years of enjoyment out of it

I can say (without ego or bragging) that this is my finest work to date.

I can say (without ego or bragging) that this is my finest work to date.

Sometimes we get lucky. Most of time I just complain about the stupid sh*t in my life. But this time I got lucky. I saw this this thread about Charlie Mike making it into Blade Magazine, I knew I had better get a knife and get it quick before he turned into a celebrity.

I am so glad that I got a hold of CM while the timing was good.

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...month-s-issue-of-Blade?highlight=charlie+mike

I realized that I neglected to get a close up of the beautiful handle that Charlie Mike hand crafted.

Excellent work CM and congrats Clint.

I like everything about it, especially the grind and that Choil.....

Regardless, that knife is full of Charachter, and that is by far the coolest thing about it.

Enjoy.

I had to catch my breath before I could post a reply!

Stunning.

this is my finest work to date.

I would agree. But I hope as you continue to refine your skilz, you will also continue to keep making (and modding) knives that have your original Fresno flavor. "Yeah, felons can't own guns. That's why I carry this."

Maybe you can go in two directions at once: 1) damascus plus refinement, and 2) I hear voices and own a grinder.

20130527_161428_zpsc46458bd.jpg

I would agree. But I hope as you continue to refine your skilz, you will also continue to keep making (and modding) knives that have your original Fresno flavor. "Yeah, felons can't own guns. That's why I carry this."

Maybe you can go in two directions at once: 1) damascus plus refinement, and 2) I hear voices and own a grinder.

20130527_161428_zpsc46458bd.jpg

That is still a VALID knife!

:D

i spent two years hacking at jungle with a right-hand chisel grind: backhand-lateral swing to cut soft brush, right up going diagonally to left down when chopping a tree or sappling. also makes an acceptable draw knife (but for that upper false edge. :D )

The chisel grind is no joke!

I think I have finally found my style. My biggest influence is Fred Perrin but I also find myself channeling my inner Phill Hartsfield.

Charlie Mike,

You make beautiful knives. I think that you will become famous in the knife making world too.

God bless you.

Cate

CM, Congrats for an absolutely gorgeous knife. Producing a masterpiece as a kind of "entry" forbodes extremely well... Keep that attention to detail, one feels the love that went into this knife. I will be following you (and waiting for a "plain Jane" version with tool steel and a symetrical grind... I'm that cheap !).

Back