This thread is worthless...

...without pics, I know, but those'll come soon. Maybe Sunday, maybe on my blog. :cool:

Today's mail brought my first Fiddleback Forge knife (via Derrick and Wendy at KSF) -- a Bushcrafter in ivory paper Micarta with black liners. What an amazing piece of craftsmanship, Andy! :thumbup:

I still have to put the spurs to it, but I can't remember a knife that impressed me this much right off the bat. Incredible handle and a near-perfect blade profile. Oh, the humanity! :D

Last edited:
AWESOME!!!! Can't wait to see pics. Is that convex thin enough?

Is that convex thin enough?

:D

It sure is, Andy -- thin, and yet still a convex. I suspect it's ideal. :cool:

Love the broad blade, too. Trying to match it up with the descriptions on your site -- is this particular Bushie a regular, a Junior or a 'tweener?

The site is a placeholder. I'm raising funds now to get it done right. Both models on the website are no more. Check my lineup thread stuck at the top of this forum.

I wanted to get to the woods with my new Bushie today but it's not gonna work out. :( So although the knife deserves better (and so do I ;)) here are a few quick grab-shots.

KLBlog655.jpg

KLBlog656.jpg

KLBlog658.jpg

KLBlog659.jpg

KLBlog660.jpg

I'll have more to say about this knife on my blog later -- all good. :cool:

Thats pretty damn cool. That sheath looks fantastic with it also!! That is something my customers may really like. A commercially available off the shelf model they can buy very easily and cheaply too!

It's a great sheath, for sure. Besides looking good (on its own and with the knife), the KSF Leather Modern Classic is, in a word, stout.

It also happens to work. :cool:

Last edited:
Nice write up on your blog. My only critique is that I think the blade is 5/32" not 5/16". That would be one fat blade:eek:

Back