THK News, Events and Updates

Are the Elmax knives all spoken for?

Nope, there is a boning/filet knife in this current batch that does not have a home yet, and a few other various designs from a previous HT batch that need to be finished up (as well as the finished prototype that's up for a passaround). When I get 'em all together, I'll be happy to post a pic of all available Ht'ed blanks.

Cooper, you will get first dibs on that if you want it, as a thank you for your patience. We need to talk about your ideas re: sheath options for that other thang. Here or in private, your choice. I have an idea...

Nope, there is a boning/filet knife in this current batch that does not have a home yet, and a few other various designs from a previous HT batch that need to be finished up (as well as the finished prototype that's up for a passaround). When I get 'em all together, I'll be happy to post a pic of all available Ht'ed blanks.

Sounds good.

Cooper, you will get first dibs on that if you want it, as a thank you for your patience. We need to talk about your ideas re: sheath options for that other thang. Here or in private, your choice. I have an idea...

I'm all eyes, Mr. Terrio.

Oh, Mr. Cooper and Mr. Terrio...

I'd like dibs after Coop on that one. :D

(One of my friends is very, very interested in what I was telling him about mine. :D)

P.S. it's very kind of y'all to use formal terms, and I do appreciate good manners. It shows character.

But "JT" or "James" or "Hey You!" will do just fine when talking at me. :p :D

New knife(s) = Good... ;)

First ordered, first served... and you my friend, are first in line.

I'm sweatin' a little... this MP character is a tough customer with high standards... and fully expects each knife to be better than the last.

That's good for all of us. :thumbup:

The current batch of Elmax blades has arrived from HT, safe and sound, with no warpage or problems. Many thanks to Brad and the crew at Peters'!

Progress continues. :)

The Fugitive prototype has finally been sent to the first tester. The THK Thanksgiving GAW knife is likewise on its way to its rightful owner. I eagerly await their opinions and feedback!

Also, several blanks sent to me for preliminary grinding by another aspiring maker have been shipped back to him , and samples of different alloys are on their way to another interested person.

Progress on custom jobs on my bench continues, first come, first served. :)

When I get caught up a bit more, I will post many other handmade THK blades that are fully HT'ed and ready for final assembly and finishing, as promised. They will be offered as-is, in case anyone wants to save a few bucks and finish building them themselves, and also as a "canvas" for full custom work by yours truly.

Thank you all for your interest, patience and support!

Last edited:
More knives are getting finished almost every day, and the next batch is starting to take shape. There's gonna be some cool new outdoor/survival/tactical designs to look at in a couple months, as well as more kitchen knives and SideKicks, and at least a couple custom Fugitives.

Somehow I managed to blow up the card-reader on my PC, so pics will be a little less timely than I would prefer for the next little while. Please bear with me :(

Happy Thirstday everyone! Got a buncha stuff going on here... today will be mostly glue-ups and packaging for some finished product heading out the door. Also, my memory-card reader seems to be working again so I may get those pictures I've been promising posted. (hope I didn't jinx it :eek:)

I haven't been online or in the shop much or at all the last few weekends, and probably won't be for most of the summer... too many projects around the house and garden... got the Beckerhead Gathering and BLADE coming up, wanna do more fishing this year and go to a couple races... cool stuff like that.

So if anyone asks a question or sends me a pm or email on a Friday, don't be alarmed if I don't get back to you til Monday :)

Later this month (May 17th) a couple other makers and I are going to be supervising a Grind-In/Workshop/Seminar especially for people with little-to-no experience at the BeckerHead Gathering in East Tennessee, near Vonore. It looks like there are going to some other folks doing informal seminars about sharpening, as well, and probably heat-treating.

There's no cost to participants... the idea is to allow people who are thinking about getting into making their own, or who might not otherwise even try, a chance to give it a shot with professional guidance, and without spending a bunch of money.

Steel has been provided by BF members Aldo Bruno from New Jersey Steel Baron and Chuck from Alpha Knife Supply. Grinding belts have been provided via a generous sponsorship from maker Todd Hunt, who will also be on-site to provide tips and guidance. Several other folks will be chipping in with tools and their experience... most notably Ethan Becker, who's hosting the event and allowing us to use his shop/grinder/drill press etc. Thank you all very much!

Check out these links for more info if you're interested:

Gathering

Grind-In

Last edited:
Man I wish I could be there. My birthday is the 18th and it would be a great way to celebrate 1/2 a century.:eek:

convince your boss he needs some fresh from the source Tennessee Whiskey and you'll be East Bound & Down!

Back