Thoughts and opinions on WE Arrakis?

Eliteone2383

Gold Member
This knife has caught my eye and just need to know if anyone has any experience with it? Looks like a great design.

This knife has caught my eye and just need to know if anyone has any experience with it? Looks like a great design.

If you really like it, then you should buy it without hesitation. In my opinion, because I have several WE knives and they're all very well made and function flawlessly.

It's very Elijah Isham. IIRC, it's a "two-piece integral," where the front and rear halves of the frame are each a single piece rather than two sides (like an integral), with the front of the frame (where the pivot is) screwing onto the rear piece. Basically, they started with an integral frame-lock, and then cut it in half so the front and rear pieces could be finished differently (the front piece does lay over the rear one, so it ends up being somewhat like a bolster lock). Needless to say, it's a unique design.

lieferung

Basic Member
I'm not a huge fan of the aesthetic of "EDC" style knives or art knives whichever that is supposed to be. But I won't comment on quality since I have no experience. Isham knives seem to be quite popular among the younger crowd.

tiguy7

Gold Member
image.jpeg I like them. Here is a picture of the new one shot on top of an iPad with a picture of the old one. New: 1/2 Ti, 1/2 C/F. Old: all Ti. Blade steel is M-390.

cnm123

Gold Member
I personally really like the look of it. All that machining makes for an interesting knife.
Plus I’m a huge fan of Frank Herbert Dune novels!