• Preorders are LIVE for the 2024 BladeForums Traditional Knife

Traditional Knife Information Thread - make sure you go in there and read up.

Requirements: Be a Gold or higher member or have been a member of the forums since 6/2023 with at least 100 posts in the Traditional Forum. Preorder is for people who live in the continental US only, international orders will be separate.

Delivery expected in Q4 2024, hopefully before the holidays.

User Name
    Serial number request

Thoughts on the kershaw echelon

I started liking my Echelon a lot more after getting a Blur, and learning the proper angle to use when opening an AO with thumbstuds.

At blade they said it was discontinued because it was difficult to machine the thumbstud area, or something along those lines.

If that's so they shouldn't scrap the whole knife, I really like it, translucent color and all. For some reason it's become my "traveling out of state" knife. I think an easy fix, and improvement would be to not machine the hole and fit it with a "Blur" style stud.

I like my Echelon. I picked one up while they still had the scalloped thumbstud cutout. It's a nice thin and lightweight knife. The natural G10 also looks pretty neat (sort of a pale green color), and it allows you to see the torsion bar in action.

Sorry for jumping into an old thread but I would like to share my own personal solution on how to open my Echelon with one hand.

20130325_232442_zps252e537e.jpg

20130325_232459_zps6b626dcb.jpg

Might look a bit bulky and ugly of a solution but hey, it gets my jobs done. :p

Sorry for jumping into an old thread but I would like to share my own personal solution on how to open my Echelon with one hand.

Might look a bit bulky and ugly of a solution but hey, it gets my jobs done. :p
LadyEarth, that is a perfectly good example of function over beauty. :D

Back