Three Bird's Beak Santokus

Daniel Koster

www.kosterknives.com
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Finished these up last weekend. Fun knives to work on. Going to become a permanent pattern on my list, I think. (Thanks biogon!)

I didn't have enough time to set up a proper photo-setting....so my pics are not up-to-spec. But still, not too bad.
  • O.A.L. = 11-11.25"
  • Blade = 6.5", 440C, heat treated by Paul Bos, full flat grind, small micro-bevel
  • Handles = various stabilized woods & Corian bolster. In order, top to bottom: Redwood Burl, Myrtlewood, Chechen Burl.
attachment.php

Enjoy!

Very nice Daniel...........I'm really getting into the 'kitchen knife' thing.

Nothing comes close to the sharpness of a good blade ground down paper thin with the right amount of heft to it. :cool:

Wow, those are beautiful!
Look sharp, useable and elegant! Some pretty looken hands there!

So...when you going to make a balisong? ;)

Thanks, guys! It was truly a pleasure.

MicMurry said:
So...when you going to make a balisong?
Just need the right customer to come along.....

Interested?

;)

Wow... great pics... totally awesome work. Can't wait to see them.

Sad I won't be able to keep any... of all 4 (and soon to be 5) that have passed through my hands, not one of them is in my kitchen... They just keep on being gifts for family members. ;)

If anyone wants to know... Dan's work is impeccable. Totally beyond reproach. Fit and finish, balance, handling, steel and HT. Yum.

Thank you!

-jon

Those are some great looking kitchen knives, nice wide blades and pretty
wood handles, do you sell these??

Great pics, great knives! I won't say anything more, BUT if you like these knives wait until sometime after the holidays for a project Daniel and I are working on together (well, he's a little more involved than I am, but you'll see). Just wait! :D

LOL :D

smokejr - yes I do sell them - not these particular ones, but do take orders. Shoot me an email if interested.

Chiro75 - finished my design - wanna see it? :eek:

Yep! Despite the fact that the appropriate answer is three letters and a punctuation mark, I have to write a little more because of my too-short reply.

Very nice and simple. I agree on the comfy look in the handles. Thats a good choice of materials. They look like they are ground super thin, and the no-plunge-cut look on a kitchen knife is growing on me. Jason.

Daniel Koster said:
Just need the right customer to come along.....

Interested?

;)

Interested? Heck yeah!
Now do I have the money? That would be the killer right there...sigh...

I'll keep the above in mind though, maybe in a couple years... :D

Back