Three JS Test Knives for San Antonio

If all goes well, Scott will be in San Antonio with six shiny, unscathed, scratch-free, obsessed over knives in a few weeks. Here are his first three JS test candidates - El Toro, The Sidewinder, and The Chief. See what you think.

m_el_toro_0002.jpg

El Toro
Steel: W2
Finish: Hand-rubbed with clay hamon
Handle: African Blackwood
Overall Length: 12 7/8 inches
Blade Length: 6 7/8 inches

m_el_toro_0006.jpg

m_sidewinder0002.jpg

Sidewinder
Handle: Curly Koa
Overall Length: 10 3/8 inches
Blade Length: 5 inches

m_sidewinder0004.jpg

m_chief_0005.jpg

The Chief
Handle: African blackwood
Overall Length: 10 3/4 inches
Blade Length: 5 inches

m_chief_0002.jpg

El Toro and the Chief having a pow-wow.

m_el_toro_0007.jpg

We hope to have two more completed by the end of the weekend and a sixth started later this week. To explain the level of tension in our house would be impossible. Hopefully I won't kill him and there will be more knives to post next weekend;)

Lydia (the wife)

Attachments

• m_sidewinder0002.jpg
    m_sidewinder0002.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 32
Those are beautiful knives. I wish I was going to San Antonio. Maybe next year.

Please exercise patience and long-suffering with your husband. It'd be a shame to have such a fine craftsman die right before getting his JS. ;-)

Take a look at those cool craftsman's hard working hands...oh, and they're holding a couple of real hot looking knives too! Thanks for posting Lydia. It is often said the journey is the important thing. (You might not want to be the one to remind Scott about that.) It's also often said deep breathing helps reduce tension and stress. There's a catch for knife makers on that though. They have to make sure the air is clean of particulate matter...and that is an almost impossible task, which in turn can increase tension trying to fulfill. GOOD LUCK, both at the event...and getting there!

Very nice work. I look forward to handling them in person. Looks like your well on your way. Good luck.

Stunning knives - Beautiful wife
Three I see, the other I assume.

Praying for commitment & perseverence for Scott.
Patience for the photographer/wife.

Good luck in San Antonio (shouldn't be a problem - your husband has got talent)

e hope to have two more completed by the end of the weekend and a sixth started later this week. To explain the level of tension in our house would be impossible. Hopefully I won't kill him and there will be more knives to post next weekend;)

Lydia (the wife)[/QUOTE]

I bet you're not getting much help around the house either huh, :rolleyes: February and everything will be back to normal. Oh and Good luck to Scott, they all look great.

El Toro and the Chief having a pow-wow.

m_el_toro_0007.jpg

Best of luck on your JS testing!!

If these are going to be sold, can I call dibs on either or both the El Toro or Chief. Love the design of these 2!

Keep us posted on your other two blades w u finish.

Those are all very nice I will come shake your hand and wish you luck at the show but I think you will do just fine.

Good looking knives Scott. I wish you the best of luck. I wish we could be there to see them in person. We enjoyed meeting you all at the Blade Show last year. Don't kill him Lydia, we need him. My wife says you have her sympathies,:).
Again, good luck and we wish we could be there to shake your hand afterward.
Brion

Great designs, very well proportioned. Looking forward to seeing them in person. You should have no problem passing the judging but I'll wish you good luck anyways.

consider the memo gotten. All has been duly noted.
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks for all the kind comments. I'll remind Scott to take deep breaths - just not in the shop - and I'll do my best to be a patient and understanding wife:) As for help around the house . . . he is truly amazing. He cooked a wonderful dinner last night as always (he's a great cook), and if I needed a hand around the house, I'm sure he'd do as requested. I'm simply not crazy enough to ask at the moment! Don't worry, he washed his hands before cooking:)

Looking forward to photographing more blades and hope to see many of you (and your knives) in Texas.

Lydia

Great stuff there... AS USUAL. Especially love the first one.

Thanks for sharing and good luck.

Horacio

Nice work. As everyone says, good luck though it doesn't look like you'll need it..

Back