Three more for Reno.....

Finally got these three finsihed today. With any luck I'll have another one or two done before we head for Reno next Wed. If your going to the show, please stop by my table and introduce yourself!
Winterthaw.jpg

Ironwood dreams.jpg

gidgee hunter.jpg

Ed, Thanks to this post I can't spend all my knife buying money at the Vegas show, I now have to save some for the Reno show. I especially like your mosaic hunter. Hope to meet you at the show, Dave

Both hunters are beautiful but I can't seem to ge past that AWESOME bowie! :eek: :eek: What a stunner!

Roger

Oooh, that last pointy hunter looks just like something I wanna carry around in the woods. Love them all, but the little pointy hunter just screams, "USE ME".

That fighter has all the elements. Great looking damascus, a beautifully carved handle and a stunning halfpenny S-guard. Wonderful!

The hunter also has beautiful damascus and both the smaller knives have gorgeous wood handles. The ironwood on knife number two is some of the nicest I have seen and the gidgee on knife three has great figuring. What is the material that is used for the fighter handle?

Ed,

Classic "Caffrey" stuff there. What is the guard material on the bowie? Is it bead blasted steel?

Thanks,

JD

Hi Joss!

Nope, not bead blasting, but close. The fittings are mild steel, mirror polished and then satin finished with a super fine wire wheel before bluing.........like you said......it's the kind of stuff I like to make!

I like the middle one the best but sure not saying anything against the others. Think the handle on the bowie really makes it stand out.

Back